Idea for a graphic

by lforlight

Original Post

Idea for a graphic

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler
I really wish Respawn had a contact email, but I guess if they don't want it, throwing my idea into the forum's void is just as good.

In the Apex Devstream, the devs pulled a graphic of player heat map of King's Canyon, showing where players go in what frequency, showing off more and less popular zones that might need to be worked on. It was fascinating. Arranging such data that only the developers can gather on a map is a really cool and interesting thing to show and present. I thought of an other graphic that could possibly be generated by Respawn: Items' journeys.

1. Take a match, any match. Maybe a pro competitive match. Maybe one from a pro and one from a noob match for comparison.

2. Mark each item on the map by color and maybe alpha value, so you have gray, blue, purple and yellow dots.

3. Sample X-Y coordinates of each item (incl. those carried by players) throughout the match.

4. Superimpose samples onto a dynamic time-based map. (bonus for connecting the samples to form a line per item)

What you get in the end is a map scattered with dots as per spawn points. As the players land and start looting, you see the dots move from one to the other forming a line, growing more opaque or larger as players carry/equip more and more items. These lines of players would then gradually turn from gray/blue to purple to yellow as players acquire better loot throughout the match. Each fight between players will appear as thick/opaque lines meeting, jiggle a bunch, then a line stops while an other gets closer to it, and latter grows thicker/more opaque as the victor loots the dead.

You'll see lines traversing the map, then stop after intersecting other groups of lines. Strong players will appear like purple/yellow dot magnets, traveling and collecting stationary dots off the map or off other lines.

In the end you'll see a map tracing each item's journey throughout a match. And I think that is worth producing and publishing. It's a neat and novel concept that was likely never done before in a BR game.

Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

Re: Idea for a graphic

@lforlight There are EA staff who do read the forum and the suggestions. The good ideas and feedback is then forwarded onto the devs and it is discussed looked at.

It’s an interesting idea that you have. It definitely would provide a ton of information.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)