by 1ronKeys

Original Post

Idea: Matchingmaking difficulty setting

★★★★★ Pro

Add a setting, that allows players to choose whether matchmaking is;

easy / average / difficult

(or some variation of this)

what this doesn't  mean;

It doesn't mean top players get select easy and play in the bottom levels.

It doesn't mean bottom players can select difficult and play in top tiers.

How it would work...

Players have a rough level of matchmaking, bad tier, average tier, great tier.

Your setting would determine whether you're more likely to be a slightly worse player in a better lobby or team, or a slightly better player in a lesser lobby or team (i.e whether you're the best player on your team, or more just support).

This would allow players to slightly tailor their gameplay experience, whether they want to shine and be leader, or challenge themselves and be lead.

And it would still keep players within realms of their respective "levels", it will just have preference for placing them in slightly more challenging groups, or slightly less.

If there was a way to make this work it'd be great.

Message 1 of 10 (603 Views)

Re: Idea: Matchingmaking difficulty setting

Champion
@1ronKeys I really like the concept and don't see why something like this couldn't be introduced for Pubs. You don't constantly want laid back matches or sweaty matches at all times of the day.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (557 Views)

★★★ Pro
@1ronKeys Hi, I do understand what you mean. The matchmaking in this game is well and truly finished, it seems when you have one good game you are punished for the next 10 games in sweaty as hell lobbies.

I just think changing the matchmaking system would have been better, if people had the option to pick the difficulty they would 9 times out of 10 pick the easier lobbies because they would get more kills and stuff.

They say that they use SBMM but I do not think they do. It is more of a custom SBMM designed just for Apex.
Message 3 of 10 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@GH0STEDbyME Exactly this!!

And sometimes people dont want to be the best player on their team. Or carrying scrubs every game. Or unable to win due to completely brain dead teammates.

Or would rather a challenge to better themselves in difficult environments.

Whereas some may be vicer versa and sometimes people may change it with their mood.
Message 4 of 10 (478 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@1ronKeys i don't believe this will work because then all players including high skilled ones will be playing on easy so we will be back to square 1 again
Message 5 of 10 (472 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998 The thing is, it wouldn't put you in lobbies outside your skill bracket... it would place you either towards the top, average or bottom of it.

It won't place preds down the lowest lobbies and won't place scrubs in the rop tiers.

And if 'everyone' selects easy then the matchmaking stays the same as usual.

But maybe the odd few who pick the uncommon setting still get to match in that direction.
Message 6 of 10 (471 Views)

Champion
@maximas1986 It's still better than what we've got atm xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 10 (408 Views)

Champion

I'm inclined to agree with maximus on this one.

Nice to see some more constructive ideas rather than the usual "Fix iT" though. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 10 (385 Views)

Champion
@1ronKeys I really like the idea but people generally want to feel good about themselves and most will set it on easy so matchmaking will end up the same.
Message 9 of 10 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@hayhor wrote:
@1ronKeysI really like the idea but people generally want to feel good about themselves and most will set it on easy so matchmaking will end up the same.

That's why it'd work...

Say you're in the top bracket, and I'm in the middle bracket. 

You set yours to easy because you want to be the carrier amongt easier crowd.

I (and others) set ours to difficult because we're tired of being matched with potatoes. 

We either play at the top of the middle bracket or bottom of the top bracket, with you being the better player.

Guarantee loads of people will bump difficulty because they don't want to play with potato/trash players.

It would even out but mean a percentage of players get to play the game with a level of squad and difficulty they prefer.

There are definitely tonnes of players playing;

- in lobbies they find too difficult for them

- with squadmates who are absolutely pure rubbish

Those players would definitely set their matchmaking to lift/lower them.

Message 10 of 10 (334 Views)