Icebreaker - What's your rank?

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Re: Icebreaker - What's your rank?

★ Expert
For those players with bad aim I will say your PC specs and ISP may play a factor. Back in GW1 days I was horrible with cactus, only played allstar then upgraded PC and night and day difference. Almost felt like cheating. Any lag at all really kills you with sniper.

Camo is good but if you are on the bad end of a lopsided team you don't have a hope in he'll cuz they will rush you every time.
Message 51 of 75 (808 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should try playing camo cactus with a controller!

I'm closing in, around 4920 now and unicorn chomper well out of the way.  All plants are mastered.  It's gonna slow down as I'm pretty much down to characters that I can't do much with except for a few that i'm enjoying dragging out a bit.  I'll probably just keep enjoying those few in multiplayer and max out the ones I don't like in private games.

Message 52 of 75 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Camo Cactus is like C-(Minus) tier. Standard Cactus is Super Tier (S Tier) for a whole number of reasons, but it does 33 on critical and 27 on non critical with the damage upgrade, has an excellent rate of fire, and a decent clip with the upgrade.

I used to play the Cactus in standard team vanquish in the first game where no one could apply upgrades and would get 20 or more kills a game in some cases (where there is obviously a 50 kill team cap). In the second game where I started using all the upgrade gameplay types, she is still extremely dominant.

Message 53 of 75 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ALSO: And the new ability (Dark Garlic Drone) could possibly even make the standard Cactus better, because it possibly feels like a superior drone. Makes me wonder if they are intentionally keeping those two new abilities offline for now to nerf them. From my standpoint, that would be completely unnecessary because the math on both of them is totally fine.

Message 54 of 75 (745 Views)

Super proud, I made 5000 last night!

Message 55 of 75 (696 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@pandareno1999. Who do you have left?
Message 56 of 75 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]

Basically, a handful of each zombie class except scientist, all star, and hover goat.  A few are close to mastered, most are about half way.  Three imps, three soldiers, all pirates except default, three brainz, and several engineers.  In a week I'll be down to the dregs and it's gonna get grindy...

Message 57 of 75 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm approaching 52** with close to 700 hours of playing time with mostly left Pirates and few cactus, but I will be out of town soon. Looks I can't make it to max level by end of the year.

But as I start enjoying precision shooting, I will take my time enjoy these pirates. I actually enjoy them....standing so far back with nobody disturbing you, snapping left and right and got at least 30-50 kills/strikes in TT....it is easy peasy.

Message 58 of 75 (631 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm down to my last few cacti with one promotion each. Ice Cactus, Electric, Camo, Future, Bandit, Zen, Petrified and Jade. So I think I am within 72 of cap. Funny how so many people seem to save pirate and cactus for last. Wish I hadn't, perhaps I would be able to stand more than a few games at a time. Oh well, nearing 720 hrs and it is almost over.

Message 59 of 75 (625 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Gormey wrote:
For those players with bad aim I will say your PC specs and ISP may play a factor. Back in GW1 days I was horrible with cactus, only played allstar then upgraded PC and night and day difference. Almost felt like cheating. Any lag at all really kills you with sniper.

Camo is good but if you are on the bad end of a lopsided team you don't have a hope in he'll cuz they will rush you every time.

This is my experience as well. Camo Cactus hits hard and if you're a decent aim you can really get some vanquishes but I hate how bad she is at point blank. I tend to be more of an assault style player so play cactus less than most others just due to playstyle preference.

Message 60 of 75 (596 Views)