Icebreaker - What's your rank?

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Re: Icebreaker - What's your rank?

Community Manager

Hey there. 

You both are reasonable folks who positively contribute to the board so I don't think it's in your interest to have an adversarial relationship. This tone/thread doesn't seem fruitful and I'll ask you to let it go.

I'd like this to get back on topic so I'll add my pathetic rank of 196. I liked the game plenty and played it around launch but I fell off as other games came out. Standard smile

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 21 of 75 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

5455 here. Been maxxed for a while and working on filling up my sticker book now.

Message 22 of 75 (978 Views)

★ Expert

Ha, ha.  I turned your forum posts into a drinking game...every time you say "not bragging" I take a shot...I'm hammered after 3 posts.

I'm max rank also and now that team vanquish is dead at night for GW2 I play mostly GW1 team vanquish.  95% of my leveling up was in team vanquish.

Message 23 of 75 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I even jumped in and played a few GW1 games with @Gormey over the weekend. In GW1 I only find games on TT and TV, mixed mode is mostly dead which is unfortunate as that is mostly what I played in the game's heyday. GW2 TT is always a go but the other modes not so much, have to go to bot matches to get those quests done.

Message 24 of 75 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Iron_Guard8, I suspect you meant this post to go in a different thread?  I can move it.  Cheers.

Message 25 of 75 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It was meant as a follow up to Gormey's post here. He mentioned team vanquish for leveling and then playing it in GW1 where I joined him for a few matches over the weekend.

Standard smile

On a rank related note though; did people use the fish to rank up a lot? I used it just so I didn't waste stars since I do every quest every time and even the bug where quests randomly show back up on the board! Now that I'm at max rank though I use them to get rainbow stars, trying to match them up to not waste many for each event. I've wasted some but not too many. I ran out of other things to spend them on a long time ago!

Message 26 of 75 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh OK, that makes sense!  

I use the fish just because what else am I gonna use the stars on?  Every week or two, I pick up several levels on one of the few variants I'd rather not play.  If I'm lucky, I might end up mastering captain squawk without having to play him very much.  I have occasionally used them for rainbow stars, but I don't often have enough on hand to make much of a dent in the chests, at the fairly absurd exchange rate.

Message 27 of 75 (893 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

On a rank related note though; did people use the fish to rank up a lot?

I haven't even used him for the trophy. Its a massive waste of stars in my opinion, and by extension time. One trade requires 5 stars which either requires two small tasks or one big one. Should be fairly obvious that I could earn 750 exp (less than 4 vanquishes) in the time I complete 500 elemental vanquishes or craaazy ops. For the small tasks it really depends on what the tasks are. But even things like vanquish 15 of X type of enemy takes awhile in flag of power. Again, too much work for not enough pay off. If I am going to go out of my way to complete the tasks, better to ignore the tasks and go to Turf Takeover. More importantly, the most likely tasks for me to complete are the multiplayer ones which reward coins instead of stars.

As for rainbow stars, I don't think there has ever been a case that I could earn 14 regular stars in the time I get 2 rainbow stars. (the lowest pay out to my knowledge) Again, it is more time consuming to go out of my way to do quests than it would be to just go directly for what I want. Even when I was farming Infinity Time I didn't like doing quests much. You might say I got bored of board.

Message 28 of 75 (872 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am maxed at 5455 just waiting an incredibly long time to finish my sticker book Standard smile which I think will never get there.  I seen you pop into the mystery portal this weekend didn't know about the wrist I did actually have a good time for a change.

Message 29 of 75 (853 Views)

★ Guide

I'm really not sure what you're expecting from the subreddit when the less-successful sequel has long since stopped receiving DLC, and there is no further game announced as of yet.

I also doubt you're going to "foster a community" here, as 90% of people come here to get a question answered rather than partake in the barely functional mess that is the answer HQ. Even if you did build a community, you'd be building it with members of a community that at one point was so completely awful it made me realise how relatively tame the subreddit was. Any facet of community which unironically accuses people of being zombie sympathisers, as though one of the two teams has committed a war atrocity; in a game where you alternate between teams every round, is by far the dumbest thing I have seen. Ever. And I've seen some REALLY stupid stuff. It's honestly beyond concerning when the heavily policed EA controlled forums somehow manages to be more toxic than the subreddit that complains above all else. You need to realise that there are good reasons as to why the subreddit is the most active GW community.

Message 30 of 75 (840 Views)