Icebreaker - What's your rank?

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Icebreaker - What's your rank?

I am interested in trying to foster a larger, more involved community here on the EA GW2 forums.  It has become glaringly obvious that the reddit sub has sunk into depths from which I'm not sure it will ever return.  I would like to get people here at the EA forums more regularly involved in conversation, rather than just popping in to ask a question and then moving on.  In that interest, I'm going to start making some posts to try to get forum members to feel this is more of a social environment and get them (YOU) more involved on an ongoing basis.

I'm curious about the player rank of our contributing members.  It's something most players are striving for and usually proud of.  While not an indication of skill, it's a yardstick most of us use to measure our progress in the game.

I'm currently at 4551.  That would be higher, but I spent my first several months playing this game using only a few characters with which I was comfortable.  Since I don't have unicorn chomper, and suck so badly at platforming skills that I will not pass the trials of gnomus, I will max out at around 5419 if I did my math correctly.  It will be a bit higher than that as I do have some levels on unicorn chomper from mystery portals and hopefully can get some more.

Message 1 of 75 (2,339 Views)

Re: Icebreaker - What's your rank?

Champion (Retired)
5455. Sometimes I suck. Sometimes watch out.
Message 2 of 75 (2,301 Views)

★★ Guide

Awesome idea.  Thank You for your suggestions and for opening this up.  Yes, reddit has become toxic.

I too lurk once in a while there, but it has become a septic, filthy place.  Picking up information is great, but the discussion back and forth, the non stop bickering and overall negative comments is becoming too much.

Anyways, I'm glad you've taken the initiative to get this started.

Im rank 5455 and somewhat ok.I would say, slightly above average in terms of skill   I sometimes get my butt kicked by newbs, so it happens to everyone i guess.

You have my full support.

Message 3 of 75 (2,263 Views)

[ Edited ]

Frankly I'm going crazy bored at night because I'm suffering from an attack of gout in my wrist and cannot play.  So expect lots more new threads!

While the reddit has almost always had some sort of toxicity in effect, I didn't let it bother me too much.  It used to be a place for highly enthusiastic sharing of information and fun.  I'm really sad to see what it's turned into.  I toyed with the idea of closing my account to prevent myself from making the mistake of posting there and providing food for the down vote trolls, but I still maintain a sliver of hope that it might again become a place worth participating.

Message 4 of 75 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm nearing 5100 (can't remember the exact rank right now) I only have ~1 promotion for Iron Citron, Toxic Citron and Breakfast Brainz left, (my newest editions) then I have to top off all of my cacti and pirates which on average have been promoted twice. My skill varies from class to class and I greatly look forward to the day I don't feel obligated to play other variants and classes for rank. I also play GW1 when there isn't a mystery portal. (This weekend I am stuck helping my brother grind 2.5 mil since he doesn't save up and won't play alone. On the positive side, he is nearly always happy to help me try to get scrumptious boss hats. He doesn't want them but he knows I do, as a team we have completed all but Spooky Squash on craaazy with randoms.) Anyway, I am on PS4 for both games, hoping to reach maxed rank in both.

I've been to reddit since it has more of a "just here to chat vibe." Since this is the answer HQ I feel weird posting anything that doesn't contribute to knowledge of the game, or a question. Reddit is a bummer, but these days most of the internet is Frown I can't entirely blame the reddit users though, I also have my buttons about this game. (The grind for certain things and the handling of Unicorn Chomper are the main ones.) And my salt for GW1 when it came out was quite bad. (Look up my oldest posts if you are curious.) Thankfully, college/life experience has mellowed me out quite a bit. In short, I'm not always a happy positive ball of sunshine myself.

Message 5 of 75 (2,239 Views)

[ Edited ]

Saltiness doesn't bother me (well, maybe a bit but it doesn't ruin it for me).  The utter lack of interesting content and an anonymous cadre of down voting trolls targeting every post made by a dozen or more members do bother me.

Message 6 of 75 (2,236 Views)

★★ Guide

My current rank is 3297. Sometimes I play really good and other times I am a newb. 

Message 7 of 75 (2,229 Views)

I appreciate the running theme throughout this thread that none of us are on our game all of the time.

Message 8 of 75 (2,225 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

My rank was close to pandareno, as of today, my rank is 47** . I can only play on the weekend and usually try to increase the rank by 1** per weekend.

I love meele attack with Chomper and Scientist but these days force to be a sniper (Cacktus, Pirates) with precision shooting. Sometimes enjoy it, sometimes feel like grinding.

Just don't dance on me after able to vanquish since I will haunt you down.

Love a good battle though, sometimes it becomes friends, sometimes stay as a foe.

Message 9 of 75 (2,212 Views)

I figured you must have blown past me since I haven't played in almost two weeks.

Message 10 of 75 (2,207 Views)