Re: Icebreaker - What's your rank?

by asukojo

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

Why I have Cactus and Pirates as the last characters to level up?

For me :

1. In the beginning, I suck at precision shooting so having a hard time to shoot moving target with pinpoint accuracy.

2. I like melee attack and get into their face, so chomper and scientist are my favorite one. 

3. As I transition to mid-range (easier) shooting (corn, super brain, sunflower etc) my shooting precision is improving.

4. Then pirates and cactus are getting easier to use late in the game and my patient is improving as well...sit back, relax and snip left and right now become enjoyable Standard smile

Message 61 of 75 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's finally over. Playtime 716:45:XX, Coins earned 49,350,XXX.

Today I no longer need to do time consuming quests or log in everyday to keep my exp multiplier up. Today I no longer have to play characters or variants I don't like. Today I no longer have to get frustrated over low exp per minute (because I wanted to finish this task before the servers go dark). Today I have proven "my loyalty" to EA and have been permitted to unlocked "play for fun mode." Today I am 5455.

I am glad it took under 750 hours which was my goal. My time also includes collecting all IT items through Infinity Time. (Something like 60 hours worth.) Curiously even with all the coins I have collected I still don't have Disco Chomper (excluding Unicorn Chomper) the only character I am missing. Now I can just play every weekend to slowly pick away at the time locked CP items. (That and put more time towards GW1.) I think in celebration I'm going to dust off Chemist, Toxic Pea, and some of my favorite Chompers and All-Stars. (May include Frozen Citron and BBQ Corn.) Either way, I'm playing just for money now, so its finally time to have some fun.

Message 62 of 75 (881 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Congrats on reaching max level and end the "grinding" drill and start enjoying your master level character once again, which you might fall in love again.

Note:

I'm level 52-52 with pirates left.

Message 63 of 75 (867 Views)

Congratulations @Final_Zidane!  

As usual, I'm hot on your heels but lagging just behind, CC.

Message 64 of 75 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I will be out on vacation so you might reach the finish line first unless we tie after that, then the race is on....but don't feed the fish too much, please Standard smile

Message 65 of 75 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo wrote:

I will be out on vacation so you might reach the finish line first unless we tie after that, then the race is on....but don't feed the fish too much, please Standard smile

Hah!  Last week, I finished my long term goal of mastering captain squawk without playing him - nothing but stars for the fish since beginner 3.

Message 66 of 75 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I actually like Captain Squawk but he has issues for sure. The Phlegm Thrower just lacks the 'keep away' power of the other pirate shotguns and is no real threat on its own while the slow fire rate of the scoped version of the seagull is so slow that it just lacks compared to other pirates and of course the Cacti.

Most of my 'fish points' (I just love typing that) were on Chompers since while I don't mind them, they are sluggish to xp up in general and once I had everything unlocked and before they added the portals, I didn't have much to spend the extra stars on!

Message 67 of 75 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@pandareno1999 wrote:

@asukojo wrote:

Hah!  Last week, I finished my long term goal of mastering captain squawk without playing him - nothing but stars for the fish since beginner 3.

Captain squawk. First, I don't like him in the beginning since slow zoom it and very low toxic damage in short distance. But he's very good at long range on Turf takeover, especially on icy hills. This is the time when I had a blast with him, just need 2 headshots and done. 

But to my surprise, my daughter can play him on medium distance range and still having a blast with him. The fact that you don't really need to fully zoom in, but 85-90% of it might be sufficient to deliver the kill. So first, hit with a headshot with a full zoom (66 damage + toxic) then on 2nd zoom, finish it off with 85-90% zoom. 

In a close battle, really on your barrel for an element of surprise.

Message 68 of 75 (803 Views)

5319 as of last night.  

Friends tell me that my reward for finishing will be getting targeted a lot in turf, zillions of friend requests from people i don't know, and hate messages on the occasions when I do well in a game.

Message 69 of 75 (765 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@pandareno1999 you will see a lot games filled with the OP after you join. Which is almost understandable due to the occasional max rank abusing characters and ruining the game for not only the other team but their own as well. Try not to go to dark side when you reach the top.
Message 70 of 75 (760 Views)