Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Iam so tired of people leaving the cataclysm!

by Lazeerer

Original Post

Iam so tired of people leaving the cataclysm!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Bioware,

Please put in a 5-10minute timer if someone force leaves the cataclysm. Iam so sick and tired of matchmaking over and over 5-10x just to get 1 dang group that wants to complete the full run making my runs take 2x as long now bc iam matchmaking for 50% of the time to find a full group that stays. I just wasted 30min and still after 7 match make attempts i cannot find a group where all stay. So iam here now on the forum. Plus all the consumables i burn through for nothing.

These players are Coming into the cata doing 1 to 3 events then leaving and its wasting my time and others greatly.

Either Put in a 5-10min timer if you force leave a cata or make another tab for those that want to do a full run and for those that just want to do chest runs. its that simple. You had this same problem with Heart of Rage and people still do it.Facepalm.

I know you prob wont do this for whatever reason bioware but just know players are not happy with this right now.

and NO i dont want to hear its bad connection,bad servers etc etc. its not the large majority of the time with these players and if it is then they dont have anything to worry about because this will only effect those that force leave "End Expedition" Plus i see when they leave. They leave exactly after opening a chest.

and TBH i dont understand the logic behind this cata chest farm. its dumb. You have a better chance getting more legendaries running a stronghold, freeplay or even running the full cata and its faster more efficient then farming the first chest or first 3 chests in the cata.

Ive got 2000+ hours in Anthem and can tell you all its not how it works. Plus legendary drop so often now there really is no point anymore to do these things.

The amount of time it take someone to do the first event in the cata open the chest and rinse and repeat by the time they have gotten 1 legendary doing this i probably have gotten 2 or 4 by just doing a stronghold,freeplay or even a full cata run.

Let me make this as clear as possible. it doesnt work like you think in this game with legendary drops.  You dont have any Higher chance in getting a Legendary drop from a chest then you do from killing any other NPC. its all RNG and the game knows when to give you a legendary. The game drops legendary "Over all or over an Average" not a moment to moment bases. In other words if you play for 5H you might get 10 legos that first hour then none for the next 4H after. its averaged. There is No way for you to beat the system. You're not going to get more Legendaries doing this then the game wants to give you. Its that simple. Plus The fact that you spend more then 50% of your time having to match make to do this makes it that much worse.

Please Bioware do something about this. Put in a 5-10min timer in between each time you force leave. That is reasonable for those that might have to actually leave legitimately for whatever reason for a moment and that will also stop these people destroying others experience. 

its usually 1 player out of the 4 sometimes 2 that does this and its very bad lately.

So to whomever reads this that is doing this understand that you are destroying my and others experience for really no legitimate reason. Just stop. You're not going to increase your Lego drop rate doing this. I promise you this. You will get no more legendary drops then the game wants to give you.

Message 1 of 22 (432 Views)

Re: Iam so tired of people leaving the cataclysm!

★★★ Guide

I have almost the same playtime as you. And to be fair, the legodroprate feels higher in cataclysm, which is why players do this. 

It's also psychologically faster to do 3 events than too grind old boring content. 

This is the problem. If the loot accumulated on vara instead for each event finished, this would not be a problem and everyone would be alot richer in crystals and rewarded for time spent.

Message 2 of 22 (423 Views)

★ Pro

Pretty sure that a lot of your 3 events and out types are people farming their 4 Javelin dailies as well.

Message 3 of 22 (407 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have a really hard time finding good groups as well, I sometimes leave at the first event if I can see that they have no clue what they are doing, not going to waste the time it takes to complete the cata if I am only going to get half the reward, so if people just rush to complete the first event without killing all the waves and if they keep turning off the multiplier, then I leave right away, because it is a clear sign that they either have no clue about how it works or they are just speeders, either way it is a waste of time, at least for me.

But I have no idea why anyone would leave after 3 events, that does seem odd 🤔

I am however seriously surprised about the apparent low average IQ of the players of this game, 90% of them run around like headless chickens not understanding a simple command like "Follow me" lol, I don't mind taking the time to show people what to do, but if they don't even understand that one and keep running around in circles, then why bother 😂

Message 4 of 22 (406 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Affelainen wrote:

I have almost the same playtime as you. And to be fair, the legodroprate feels higher in cataclysm, which is why players do this. 

It's also psychologically faster to do 3 events than too grind old boring content. 

This is the problem. If the loot accumulated on vara instead for each event finished, this would not be a problem and everyone would be alot richer in crystals and rewarded for time spent.

Nah, its in your head. Strongholds give just as much if not more from what ive noticed. But at the same time could have been just a hot hour. and thats my point you cant beat the system. if the game wants to give you a lego it will. you cant do anything to make a lego come faster except play. Atleast not anything that will make a big enough difference to ruin others experience over. its just not right.

But yeah I get the  Idea of people thinking its faster and grinding old boring content but your telling me farming 1 chest then leaving and sitting in a matchmake screen for 50% of the time to do it over and over again is less boring? Sorry i dont accept that.

The bottom line is These people dont care about others experience and have no logic or understanding of how Anthems Legendary drops work. They probably read it on a old post somewhere since people did it so much in the past on HOR that this is why they are doing it.

People think they are going to beat the system and increase there lego count by doing this but it just wont happen. Sure there might be that one guy that has timed all the perfect moment where legos are dropping hot at a high rate for everyone on 1 day and manages to get a few extra legos for the time spent but that is not going to happen for the large majority of people doing it and then the next time he plays legos for them will be low drops so at the end of the day it average out.. Lego drops are over an average time. its hard to explain but my point is you will never beat the system and come out ahead. It will allways average out at the end to X per hour.  Just play the game and you will see you get just as many legos.

This is not OK. Bioware needs to do something about this because it happens way to much. I mean seriously 30min+ i waited to find 1 group to run and even that 1 group 1 player left too and we 3 maned it.

Not only IMO is it more of a waste of time doing this chest run crap and leaving but your screwing over other players and thats what iam most pissed about. People just dont care.

If bioware wants to have their game be like this then whatever but i can tell that many are not happy. Put in another tab for just chest runs then or put in a 5-10min timer if you force leave.

IMO if anyone care for it or not trust me you will not get more legos doing this. In fact you are probably screwing yourself over doing this. Just Play the game as it was designed and you will see how fast you get lego drops.

I probably have opened about 1000 war chests if not more so far that shows how much ive played the cata. The amount of Legos ive gotten from that first chest is probably less then 20.

As for people leaving after the 3rd chest to get the free warchest from the Different Javelins well they already spent that much time why not stay and get the points to get even more war chests. Again I play all 4 javelins everyday "or i try too" the amount of legos ive got from the free war chest for completing 3 events is less then 10.

This is what iam saying the logic behind all this is crazy. It makes no sense to me.

Anyways i vented thats how i feel its up to bioware to do something about it if they want. For those that are doing it well all i can say is i dont appreciate it and your ruining my experience and time i have to play. Dont do things to others that you would not want done to yourself. it goes both ways and you may be doing this chest and leave crap to people but you will find that the next time you try to get some runs in people are doing it to you and i bet you wont like it....

Message 5 of 22 (380 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TECHound wrote:

I have a really hard time finding good groups as well, I sometimes leave at the first event if I can see that they have no clue what they are doing, not going to waste the time it takes to complete the cata if I am only going to get half the reward, so if people just rush to complete the first event without killing all the waves and if they keep turning off the multiplier, then I leave right away, because it is a clear sign that they either have no clue about how it works or they are just speeders, either way it is a waste of time, at least for me.

But I have no idea why anyone would leave after 3 events, that does seem odd 🤔

I am however seriously surprised about the apparent low average IQ of the players of this game, 90% of them run around like headless chickens not understanding a simple command like "Follow me" lol, I don't mind taking the time to show people what to do, but if they don't even understand that one and keep running around in circles, then why bother 😂

I feel you but give them a chance. Iam on PC and honestly for the most part everyone knows what to do and only once in a while you get one that doesnt but its not all the bad. What does trigger me though is people that do secrets "Especially the echo shaper sphere on the center main beach after the second event" I dont get why people love to do that one with only a 6x multiplier. But other then that all is usually good. I cant say ive had many bad runs lately.

Sure i dont always get Max points but iam happy getting anywhere ~10K+ and hopefully at the same time they learn a few new things during the run.

Rarely do i leave because the team is that bad.

Alot of times it turns out good enough. Got to keep in mind you are playing with randoms. But i still use a mic and try and communicate. But yeah i cant remember the last run where it was that bad i wanted to leave or the last time a run was that bad that we dint finish vara....

Message 6 of 22 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Doing a full Cataclysm including accumulating points is the most rewarding thing currently available in the game.

You can easily do 7~8000 minor crystals per run.
Which is a lot of war chests and most likely the highest amount of legendaries.

My problem is that:
Most players already fail to do the events from the very beginning.

The first event is easily done alone.
The second gets already frustrating when they mess everything up or do nothing at all.
That's the point were i personaly decide to leave or not.

I usualy leave on the 2nd event, when i realise that i'm either:
- Doing the events entirely on my own.

- Players are messing the events up because they have no idea what they're doing.

Reason why i leave:

I sticked with them >30 rounds, and it's every single time the same issue.

Continuing with these players ends up with them running to Vara after 3~5 events without accumulating any points at all even though we have easily 15 minutes left on the clock and still timers to pick up.
That leaves you with only 1~2000 crystals but still took you half an hour to complete.

Sad part is that leaving actualy helps in those cases as follows:
- Mitigate my overall frustration to play the game

- Farm more crystals in total when i search for normal players that are capable to control mouse and keyboard (yes, leaving idiots and searching for 1 good player equals in more crystals and less frustration overall)

If i only have 1 single capable player i stay.
That's enough for me and i'm happy because you can easily reach 5000-6000 crystals with just 1 good player.

But if the entire team has an IQ of <50.... bye bye.

Message 7 of 22 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Lazeerer The problem I'm now in isn't about how and when getting legendaries, I'm now at a point the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade my gear. I'm stuck in a place where most of the time GM2 is easy and GM3 feels hard as hell and I cannot seem to get good inscriptions. I'm stuck between power level 840 - 860 and I cannot get the damage done in GM3, Strongholds or Freeplay.

Most of my inscriptions are quite poor for GM3. It is why I've never played Cataclysm on GM3. GM2 on Cata feels like GM3. Where GM2 mostly feels very easy in Strongholds. The scale of difficulty feels all over the place.

Not only that the game keeps giving me duplicate legendaries now or more guns I don't need or already have with poor inscriptions. Getting any inscription upgrades feels near impossible for me.

My main was Interceptor and now it has become the weakest. I can either load it up with armour and shields but can't get the damage done or, I can get it to do damage but it'll be one or two blows and it is down.

Even my Colossus with the 300% shield damage masterwork isn't killing one shot while sprinting in GM3 freeplay. Including the elementals. As another member asked me last night what the hell, what gear are you running? I simply cannot get the damage done in GM3 because the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade. It's starting to become frustrating as hell while I see others in my friends list entering legendary status or are already there while I'm in limbo grinding every night for 4 - 6 hours.

Message 8 of 22 (361 Views)

★★★ Guide

IMHO why not just disable the "End Expedition" feature in the cataclysm.

Players could still leave if they had to but they would need to shut down the game to do so.

Making it harder to leave and the longer time it would take to get back in might make them reconsider leaving just for farming loot.

Beer

Message 9 of 22 (344 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Everade 

I cant think the last time where we could not kill vara after doing all events and secrets and i play randoms MM only. "Though i must say not many randoms yet go to the new event this week"

The 2nd event the people i find that usually leave here are the ones that are not doing the echos and die while me and someone else doing the echo are underwater dealing with the puzzle.

On any of my Javelins i can solo Vara in <5min to maybe 6min tops."my ranger i can solo here in 3min" I know how to also do all the secrets and events. It could be why iam so patient with others. I just need the others to soak up some of the NPC's and all will be good. I have yet to be on a team where my other 3 teammates dont have a clue what to do.

But yeah for the 2nd event thats what i notice they will die and before we can come out of the water to revive them, they leave.

and thats making all this that much worse.

Not only do you have to deal with people doing this farm chest crap, then you have to factor in people crashing and finally leaving for whatever reason.

Like i understand where you are coming from trust me i get that frustration but on PC like you if i have 1 other player that knows what to do all will be very good. If not i still walk away with 8-9K on a bad run.

Message 10 of 22 (342 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help