Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Iam so tired of people leaving the cataclysm!

by Lazeerer

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's my point.

It's impossible to get away with >2000 crystals if the noobs run to vara all the time and finish her.
Maybe you finished the events, but if you don't farm for some points and go to vara right away, that's a solid 2000 crystals and not a single one more.

As i've said:
1 player who knows what to do is great and i can live with that.
Then you can get a decent amount of points before the idiots finish vara.

But if you are queued with a bunch of nails, it's over.
And that's 70% of the time the case.

Soloing Vara in 3 mins is easy.
But that's not going to help you if the others finish vara after 4 events instantly without having gotten any points.

idiots leaving is actualy a relief....

Message 11 of 22 (267 Views)

★ Apprentice

@vfx211 wrote:

@Lazeerer The problem I'm now in isn't about how and when getting legendaries, I'm now at a point the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade my gear. I'm stuck in a place where most of the time GM2 is easy and GM3 feels hard as hell and I cannot seem to get good inscriptions. I'm stuck between power level 840 - 860 and I cannot get the damage done in GM3, Strongholds or Freeplay.

Most of my inscriptions are quite poor for GM3. It is why I've never played Cataclysm on GM3. GM2 on Cata feels like GM3. Where GM2 mostly feels very easy in Strongholds. The scale of difficulty feels all over the place.

Not only that the game keeps giving me duplicate legendaries now or more guns I don't need or already have with poor inscriptions. Getting any inscription upgrades feels near impossible for me.

My main was Interceptor and now it has become the weakest. I can either load it up with armour and shields but can't get the damage done or, I can get it to do damage but it'll be one or two blows and it is down.

Even my Colossus with the 300% shield damage masterwork isn't killing one shot while sprinting in GM3 freeplay. Including the elementals. As another member asked me last night what the hell, what gear are you running? I simply cannot get the damage done in GM3 because the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade. It's starting to become frustrating as hell while I see others in my friends list entering legendary status or are already there while I'm in limbo grinding every night for 4 - 6 hours.

First i will say there is something in the background on how leveling up in this game works when it comes to gearing up to Full legendary. In other words When you're leveling up power lvl and still are using masterwork pieces legendaries do not drop as often and is slower.

In other words again the most Masterwork pieces you want to have on is 2 MAX. The rest should be legendary. I found that when i was leveling up my other javelins that only when i got to full legendary power level did the legendaries drop more often or when i had no more then 2 masterwork pieces on.

Getting from say 800 - 910+ etc Is the grind. just like in any game.

I cannot oneshot alot of things in the game in GM3. Only trash NPC. The rest take multiple hits and i have very good gear.

Also you might just be having a bad loot day or two. It happens to me aswell.

The best advice i can give you from what i have noticed is Put on all your legendary gear to get your power lvl up. You will find doing this will get you more lego drops.

As for what am i running. Well it be alot to type out. But just youtube some videos on it and that will help you out greatly.

For your interceptor if you have Soften blows that will help your survive ability out greatly. A good base melee DMG hit for interceptor no buffs is ~10K and really high is ~15K+.

Do you have the mellee legendary weapon piece.? "blades of Warding" or masterwork? you need to get this with weapon DMG rolls on it.

Its alot to explain iam sorry. Can you post a picture of your build?

But like i said for the gear and lego drops. do what i said and it should improve.

Message 12 of 22 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Lazeerer wrote:

@vfx211 wrote:

@Lazeerer The problem I'm now in isn't about how and when getting legendaries, I'm now at a point the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade my gear. I'm stuck in a place where most of the time GM2 is easy and GM3 feels hard as hell and I cannot seem to get good inscriptions. I'm stuck between power level 840 - 860 and I cannot get the damage done in GM3, Strongholds or Freeplay.

Most of my inscriptions are quite poor for GM3. It is why I've never played Cataclysm on GM3. GM2 on Cata feels like GM3. Where GM2 mostly feels very easy in Strongholds. The scale of difficulty feels all over the place.

Not only that the game keeps giving me duplicate legendaries now or more guns I don't need or already have with poor inscriptions. Getting any inscription upgrades feels near impossible for me.

My main was Interceptor and now it has become the weakest. I can either load it up with armour and shields but can't get the damage done or, I can get it to do damage but it'll be one or two blows and it is down.

Even my Colossus with the 300% shield damage masterwork isn't killing one shot while sprinting in GM3 freeplay. Including the elementals. As another member asked me last night what the hell, what gear are you running? I simply cannot get the damage done in GM3 because the game isn't giving me legendaries to upgrade. It's starting to become frustrating as hell while I see others in my friends list entering legendary status or are already there while I'm in limbo grinding every night for 4 - 6 hours.

First i will say there is something in the background on how leveling up in this game works when it comes to gearing up to Full legendary. In other words When you're leveling up power lvl and still are using masterwork pieces legendaries do not drop as often and is slower.

In other words again the most Masterwork pieces you want to have on is 2 MAX. The rest should be legendary. I found that when i was leveling up my other javelins that only when i got to full legendary power level did the legendaries drop more often or when i had no more then 2 masterwork pieces on.

Getting from say 800 - 910+ etc Is the grind. just like in any game.

I cannot oneshot alot of things in the game in GM3. Only trash NPC. The rest take multiple hits and i have very good gear.

Also you might just be having a bad loot day or two. It happens to me aswell.

The best advice i can give you from what i have noticed is Put on all your legendary gear to get your power lvl up. You will find doing this will get you more lego drops.

As for what am i running. Well it be alot to type out. But just youtube some videos on it and that will help you out greatly.

For your interceptor if you have Soften blows that will help your survive ability out greatly. A good base melee DMG hit for interceptor no buffs is ~10K and really high is ~15K+.

Do you have the mellee legendary weapon piece.? "blades of Warding" or masterwork? you need to get this with weapon DMG rolls on it.

Its alot to explain iam sorry. Can you post a picture of your build?

But like i said for the gear and lego drops. do what i said and it should improve.

Ah, I had no idea about the 2 masterwork thing but as I said getting legendary drops isn't the problem, it is getting legendary drops that upgrades me. I'm getting lemons most of the time. I can get 3 - 6 legendaries in a night most of the time but it is stuff I've already got.

Sadly the game hasn't given me Interceptor or Storm melee yet which is another problem. I'll grab some screen grabs from the console for all the items I have.

As I said though, the legendary inscriptions I do have for Interceptor isn't all that good. That is why I run with so much Masterwork.

Message 13 of 22 (248 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Everade wrote:

That's my point.

It's impossible to get away with >2000 crystals if the noobs run to vara all the time and finish her.
Maybe you finished the events, but if you don't farm for some points and go to vara right away, that's a solid 2000 crystals and not a single one more.

As i've said:

But that's not going to help you if the others finish vara after 4 events instantly without having gotten any points.

I feel you but i cant say ive had that happen to me more then a couple times without doing any of the secrets. Honestly i cant even say ive had that happen to me.

Though ive have had many times where they kill vara before i get there and miss my loot from her but by then ive already done most all of the secrets.

None the less i dont blame you for leaving under your condition and i agree if i have 1 other player on the team that knows what they are doing i know its going to be a good run "for randoms". But if i dont and they are still trying and have some idea i stay even if they are not moving as fast as i like. Maybe ive just had good luck when it comes to this but i cant think the last time in the past 2 weeks where i have gotten <8K crystals at the end. honestly.

Last week i was getting usually around 8-9K average and highest run was 10.5K and this week 10-11.5K average with 12.5K highest run.

We need a text chat in this game bad. it would solve so many issue.

But yeah honestly this isn't my issue. I get why people leave for this and understand it. But the whole farming chest thing and leaving has to stop. Thats the bigger problem. if all i had to deal with is people crashing and leaving bc the team isnt doign well then i would not be upset one bit because that almost never happens to me. its the chest people that do.

Message 14 of 22 (86 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@vfx211 wrote:

Ah, I had no idea about the 2 masterwork thing but as I said getting legendary drops isn't the problem, it is getting legendary drops that upgrades me. I'm getting lemons most of the time. I can get 3 - 6 legendaries in a night most of the time but it is stuff I've already got.

Sadly the game hasn't given me Interceptor or Storm melee yet which is another problem. I'll grab some screen grabs from the console for all the items I have.

As I said though, the legendary inscriptions I do have for Interceptor isn't all that good. That is why I run with so much Masterwork.

Its not a "thing" Just what i noticed leveling up my javelins. The closer i got to full legendary the more legendary drops i started to get or rather the higher my power lvl was the more i got and the cut off seemed to be around 2 MW......

Keep playing GM2 cata and buy those melee war chest. that will be a huge boost in power.

Then buy the weapon war chests which will be another huge boost in power if you are not already using 2 leg weapons.

Just keep grinding buddy. Trust me the game now with the amount of legos that drop is a cake walk compared to what i had to go through gearing up my javelins.

Just remember that, the fun part is leveling up. Try not to make it a choir because that isnt fun. you will get there dont worry. Just keep playing and having fun.Standard smile

Also i think you are confused. Melee weapons will not drop for you. you have to buy them from war chests.

Same thing for support pieces. you have to buy them from war chest but that was last week you will have to wait till they come around again.

Are you not buying war chest with your crystals? Iam confused TBH. you should have atleast gotten some Mastworks if you have.

Show me your build and i will help as best i can.

Message 15 of 22 (88 Views)

★ Apprentice

@vfx211 wrote:

Its my idea of what i noticed. its not a "thing" Just something i picked up over my time playing.

Buy the melee war chests. thats what you need to do.

Certain items are locked behind the cata war chests and where a weekly thing. but melee are still here.

Message 16 of 22 (218 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Everade wrote:

That's my point.

As i've said:

huh thats weird couple of my post got deleted for spam it said.

Not going to retype it all out again.

Basically i cant say ive had that happen to me more then a couple times. In the past 2 weeks i haven't got lower then 8K last week and this week ~10K.

But this isnt my issue. I understand your situation and agree with you on this. if all i had to deal with is people crashing and people leaving bc the team wasn't doing good then i would be ok with that because it almost never happens to me. Its these chest farmers that is the problem that i want resolved where everyone is happy.

Message 17 of 22 (210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Am not sure which game had it before (and it worked great for that game) but if someone leaves on purpose give them an hour or half an hour penalty that they cant join a cataclysm or stronghold anymore, that works better then a 5-10 min timer.

Message 18 of 22 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Try equipping the most powerful legendary items you get and run missions with that loadout even if the gear is not your preferred one. I was in a similar situation to yours getting useless drops. I increased the power of my Interceptor to Legendary equipping no-combo gear and now the only 2 items that I haven't gotten in legendary are the frost glaive (absolute zero) and the blades of warding. An unexpected outcome is that I learned how to use the gear I got, which came with good rolls (I really like the "200% gear charges" inscription) and this is now the loadout I use for Cataclysm runs.

Message 19 of 22 (181 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Lazeerer TL;DR, but basically it sounds like you're whining and crying because people don't play the game the way you want them to play. I can't speak for everyone, and nor should I, but for me personally if I leave it is because we are about to fail the damn thing, or because I have to go. I mean some people do have a life outside this game and don't have over 2000 hours to play a stupid game.
Message 20 of 22 (110 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help