IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

by Lord_Scorpion34

Original Post

Re: IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

★★★★★ Expert

So it came Thurs while I was at work. I got it of the box soon as I got home & started setting it up but I fell asleep as it was finishing up 😅. So I don't even get to start downloading games yet! I started downloading games yesterday but it takes FOREVER over Wi-Fi! Why is Apex so freaking big!? It's the biggest game I currently have in my downloads at 69GB. God of War is 45GB. That's crazy! Anyway I currently have it hooked directly to the modem so it can finish downloading Apex quicker. I should be able to play later today.

Message 31 of 44 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lord_Scorpion34wifi 🤦‍♂️

If you are going to do everything on wifi you need to make sure you have a really good router.

Message 32 of 44 (201 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I have a Wi-Fi 6. Apex is fully downloaded & ready to go along with several other games.
I played Astro's Playroom to get a feel for the controller & wow that thing is amazing! Def better than XBox just with that alone IMO.
Also really impressed with how good everything looks even on my 11 year old Sony HD TV with 1st gen 120hz. Everything looks better compared to how it was on PS4, even the 1st Need for Speed game on PS4.

Tried playing Apex in the firing range today & everything does look better. I can see better & farther & there's even more detail in Legend's hands & arms. But the connection issues made me not go into a real game cuz 8 knew I'd just get destroyed.
There were serious latency issues between the time I fired a shot & the time it registered on a target. Along with other skipping & jittering issues.
I handled the Rampage while I was in there & I already like it. Might become my new fav LMG, tho a bit disappointed they didn't make it a light weapon.

Also saw the Dark Artist skin was available again so I got that finally. Guess that was my welcome back present 😄!
Message 33 of 44 (179 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 Glad you’re enjoying your new ps5! Enjoy the honeymoon phase.
Message 34 of 44 (170 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man I think it'll be a long one lol. Especially once I get a 4K HDR TV lol.
Message 35 of 44 (163 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 Glad to hear. I actually had my first disconnect in many months this morning. Otherwise game is running as normal for me.
Message 36 of 44 (159 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor You must have God like internet. I know people even with LAN connections having issues with Apex.
Message 37 of 44 (142 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 It is decent. I've also shut off all the poses and banner stuff to help others. Since I did that no one I've played with has crashed.
Message 38 of 44 (129 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Ha! Scorpion got you there! Trying to make him feel bad about having it hooked up to wifi only to find out he has basically experimental wifi that’s faster than most of the world’s wired internet speeds and much less prone to interference than old school internet! HA! @Lord_Scorpion34 laugh at him!

That said scorp, yuck, wifi! I spit on your wirelessness! Wireless sucks! I even still have landline! Even my phone is wired! Controller as well! Also 69 is your biggest storage game? xD.
Message 39 of 44 (102 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorSo did you switch the banners to non moving ones? Or just remove everything completely?

@Koochi-Qsomehow I don't believe you lol. I'm sure you have all the latest wireless tech! Probably even have a toilet that works with Wi-Fi lol!

So I finally got to play a few games! I went pubs trios since I'm trying to get readjusted. The game looks so good on this thing tho! Here's how the games went.

1st game I only got 1 teammate who decided to drop solo early on. I tried going to Orbital Cannon but the high vines on the wall near Icarus made me drop early & I got stuck on top of the wall. Went ahead & quit since I knew I would die anyway.

2nd: Got an XB duo that hot dropped to the new Lave POI in WE & died & left in the 1st 30secs. I ended up in the top 3 with like 100ish damage.

3rd: Got only one tm again but they were Seer! We stuck together for the most part but we got into a multi squad fight in turbine & they died. I got 1 kill with the Rampage before we got wiped.

I was Mirage in all 3 matches. Aiming & movement wasn't bad, but I do need to tweak my ALC a bit. There was a bit of latency here & there in every match.

Message 40 of 44 (87 Views)
Twitter Stream