Re: IDEA for solo players.

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

IDEA for solo players.

★★★★ Pro

I had this thought after a match when looking at all points acquired. On the far right side it shows one can acquire more when playing with friends. While I do this here and there for the most part choose to play solo. My idea is why don't you acquire any points soloing?

I mean people get points when running pre-mades. They already have the added benefit of having a more constructed team. Surely their gaming experience is easier and they get more rewards on top of it.

However when playing solo one gets placed into straight mayhem. Between the ones that run off, constantly loot, rush and die, camp or go afk. This proves to be more challenging. So why shouldn't the solo player gain more for their troubles. Just a thought.

What do others think of this proposal?

Message 1 of 14 (572 Views)

★★ Expert

I like it but I highly doubt they'll give solo players anything for their time. It feels like the goal of the devs is not to push out polished content but to continuously generate interest in the game which in turn will earn them money. Plus we've already seen their stance on solo players from their continued stance of forgoing a solo mode quoting that it negatively impacted the game despite not showing any sort of data or how and where they conducted their tests. This is also in spite of solos being requested in about 3000 of 20000 total forum topic discussions, supposedly accounting about 15% of total forum posts. These numbers being from searching "solo" in their search bar and around 20k posts total from the general feedback / general discussion boards.

Remember back in season 1 when you didn't have to play in a squad to get bonus EXP, it was just a weekly reset of 9k bonus EXP per character that you could earn? I want that back. 

Message 2 of 14 (552 Views)

Champion

I suppose there's a simple answer to this, Respawn are trying to incentivise players into forming premades.

So from that standpoint it would be a bit counterintuitive for them to offer the same reward to a solo player as it goes completely against their agenda.

I'm not against the point in the OP by any means, i just can't see it happening. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 14 (481 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag Figuring as much. Just throwing it out there.

I'm not even trying to push the game for a solo mode. I really don't care if they do or don't. However if one is playing against pre-mades consistently, solo players should at least get something for their troubles. And not be alienated. 

Message 4 of 14 (447 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@pastaclown Wrote: Remember back in season 1 when you didn't have to play in a squad to get bonus EXP, it was just a weekly reset of 9k bonus EXP per character that you could earn?

That sure was nice when it was implemented. It's probably why I don't mind cycling throughout the characters.

Not like players now where they pick one person and go all bUt iTs mUh mAiN! on you.  xD

Message 5 of 14 (441 Views)

★★★★ Pro

For all those who play pre-mades. This is what us solo people have to deal with.  Apex random player base 

Congrats on the 4k and 20 kill badges.  xD

Message 6 of 14 (403 Views)

Champion

@ColdHours  Playing premades isn't the wonderous solution its claimed to be,especially if you're half decent as it just cranks the sbmm up to 11 lol.

My lobbies are sweaty enough to flood the sahara.

Message 7 of 14 (392 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag  A trade off I suppose. It comes off as first world problems Apex edition. lol

Message 8 of 14 (382 Views)

Champion

@ColdHours  True i suppose, but i mean by that logic wilfully playing solo's knowing exactly what you're going to be teamed with could be viewed exactly the same. Tongue out

Message 9 of 14 (369 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag First world problems by definition is being well off. Being subjected to constant fails is not well off. But by having a good team and being subjected to a higher class of players is because of one being well off. Hope that clarification helped.  Tongue out

In all seriousness though being a solo player is just a lose/lose situation. Being punished because one wants to have hope in people and to be sociable by playing with people of all walks of life should be more intriguing. But sadly this doesn't seem to be the case.

How dare someone not want to constantly be in a party with the same group to have easier wins. Shame on them.

Message 10 of 14 (352 Views)