ID contains a prohibited word or character

by benjiamindeborah

Original Post

ID contains a prohibited word or character

★★ Novice

Greetings, 

My name is Earnestinence M, I'm writing because a support agent from EA support department told me to "post in the community which would be my best bet to solve this issue." he said.

the problem I'm facing is when I try to pick a public ID upon creating my EA account. the system keeps telling me 'ID contains a prohibited word or character' which is weird because I tried to pick my name "Earnestinence" as public ID. And I'm 100% sure that my name is not offensive in any language.

I hope you fix this problem because even the support who talked to me (Arnold) mentioned that he tried to pick the name "Kamekazee", and he got the same prompt message that I've got.

Best wishes,

Marguerite Earnestinence

Message 1 of 4 (4,529 Views)

Re: ID contains a prohibited word or character

I don't personally see anything wrong with the name you chose but the chat filter everyone uses both in-game and the message boards can be classed as wonky at best.

My only guess is that it has something to do with beginning your name with the "Ea" in Earnest. EA employees begin their ID's with an 'EA_' so that might be it though i'm not 100% sure

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (4,520 Views)

★★ Novice
greetings,

First, thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Regarding the EA prefix for ea employees, would make a bit sense. Still, I'm not convinced, since I'm not using the underscore symbol ( _ ).
I hope they fix the word filter.

Regards,
Earnestinence
Message 3 of 4 (4,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

To compound the issue, EA have a cool-down on ID changes of 72 Hours.

Link to thread on subject

Also have you tried to ad the word "The" as in "TheEarnestinence"

Just a thought.

Message 4 of 4 (4,446 Views)