Re: I wonder if this cheater will get banned...

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@E9ine_AC  just installed Hyperscape Standard smile

Message 21 of 25 (303 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@S1mmOJ I been looking at that I have liked Rogue Company too pretty cool design of game play and abilities. Little too fortnite then i would like to see but over all its not bad game.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 25 (298 Views)

Champion

@S1mmOJ  I'm of the mindset that cheaters should be named and shamed lol, so I'm with you on that one.

Hyperscapes great though, kinda hectic at times. Hope you get more enjoyment out of that lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 25 (264 Views)

★ Apprentice

This isnt to protect cheaters/hackers. Its to protect the HUMAN that youre trying to witch hunt. Thats the whole point of the report section. 

Message 24 of 25 (245 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

I just wanted to drop in here because of the conversation that kicked off after I edited OP's initial post. 

@nvstrike wrote:

This isnt to protect cheaters/hackers. Its to protect the HUMAN that youre trying to witch hunt. Thats the whole point of the report section. 

This is pretty accurate. I get that it's extremely frustrating when you run into someone who's using a cheat or hack. It feels like it ruins the game, and I understand the desire to share your frustration with other people in the community. The problem is that posting someone's information (even if it's only a gamertag) can lead to situations where things snowball out of control. There's the potential for people to form a mob mentality and start getting out their pitchforks, and we can't allow something like that. The intent isn't specifically to protect cheaters -- it's to protect everyone the same way. 

The forums are not the proper place to report someone for cheating or using hacks. We can't look into these reports ourselves. The best thing to do would be to report them directly so the TOS team can investigate. This is a topic we've discussed many times here on these boards, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as it's been covered in the past. 

Thanks everyone! 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 25 of 25 (205 Views)