Re: I wonder if this cheater will get banned...

by S1mmOJ

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ExpertEpic99 yea my bad, didn't know EA ran a witness protection program for cheats.

Message 11 of 25 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@S1mmOJ This is a forum aight. Not meant for reporting cheats. What if you went around calling someone cheater who is active on this forum? Wouldn't it get ugly?
And the CM you just dissed is just doing his job. No need to take out your teenage angst on him. Standard smile
Message 12 of 25 (429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BaldWraithSimp thumbs up.

Message 13 of 25 (427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Hey @S1mmOJ 

If you suspect someone of cheating, you can report the user.
This can be done with the in-game tool or on EAC - Apex Legends Report

This is the best way to report a cheating player as AHQ is not really suited for this.

Reporting it to you guys through your system does nothing. Problems still exist no matter how many times people get reported. 

Message 14 of 25 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@S1mmOJThey do not block the name to protect cheaters. They block the name to protect us all. Everyone accuses people of cheating because they got absolutely owned. I am one them I can tell when ive been shot by a real good player or aimbot cheater.

The reason name and shame policy is out there for every single game is because it can cause physical harm to a player possibly. Many people are very good with a pc and finding information with very little to go on. This could possibly put a innocent player at risk if a person was to live next to them. Its not for cheaters for everyone on this game. I am quite sure I have been reported as a cheater prolly thousands of times. Yet i dont cheat so someone gets owned by me or my team they instantly come name shame them because they are not as good and understand we can do some crazy shots. So i would be blamed for something i have never done which makes community think i would be a cheater there for destroying my names reputation. Not that im some big player but it could cause me harm being accussed when I never even cheated

We are quickly approaching season 6. With that said there are many players who have excelled at the game and gotten a lot better. After while those bots you use demolish and use to miss every shot on you has now become average or very good or even pro player. More you play better you get. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 25 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@E9ine_AC didn't even fight the guy I was already dead.  My ability isn't the highlight here, I'm top 50 on my main on my platform.

He was doing the crypto infinite EMP ultimate hack.  That doesn't translate to "getting owned".  

I'm on Xbox and never moan about aimbots or wallhacks simply because I know on Xbox it's extremely rare and/or impossible to get away with long term.

Twitter god's agree it's BS and that's enough for me.  Thanks for the input.

Message 16 of 25 (333 Views)

Champion

@S1mmOJ  Yeaaah I've not witnessed this bug first hand in game yet but I've seen a clip of it somebody shared here before it was taken down.

Extremely easy to spot, without a doubt it's cheating yet as console players we've had our report function removed in game lol, because y'know...people don't cheat on console rofl.

Hate to sound like a broken record though but naming and shaming is against the forums ToS, it's a pretty standard rule for any game forum. I get you're frustrated but no point taking it on people here mate, nobody here is your enemy. :D

We all want cheating removed from gaming unfortunately it's just become a part of the scene. :/

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 25 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@S1mmOJI never said you got owned i was speaking in general. There are cheats yes but a lot report legit players which makes things even harder for the staff. Cheats are doable on console but you have to be very very good. Not only do you have to access apex client files and such from the console but you also have to crack microsofts firewalls and more just to be able to do these type of things. Last i heard from a lot major xbox players they "Claim" to never have cheaters because of how hard it is to do so. Not at all saying they are not there but if they are they are a force to be recon with with knowledge. 

Message 18 of 25 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MandatoryIDtag I actually didn't name/shame anyone intentionally.  My video just happened to have the guys banner in it.

Which, btw, is no different to people knowing anyone's gamer tag who posts on these forums.

But yea, I get it, cheaters get shielded and reporters get ignored.  No drama, I'm with the program now dawg.

Message 19 of 25 (311 Views)

Hero
@S1mmOJ Yea it can be anger worthy at times. But I also know they are still having to work from home. And only so many to check millions of reports. I am ready for a change myself this is best shooter I have ever played I want it to thrive. But if they dont fix these problems it will just make everyone leave. =(

Message 20 of 25 (293 Views)