I was wrong about SBMM....

by DankToliet

Original Post

I was wrong about SBMM....

★★★ Pro

I reached Diamond, and decided it was all Pub games for now on.........oh how I was wrong.

My account wide k/d is a 2.1 and my Season 2 Ranked is 2.3, but now my public matches are facing off against teams of Shroud and Dizzys. I'm lucky if a match last longer than 45 seconds for me. 

It's actually turned me off from the game and I haven't touched it in a week.  I'm not that good enough to be matched up to Predators with 80,000 kills on their mains. I have 5k kills across ALL my Legends....I was once a doubter in this SBMM and now see how much worse it's made the game. MW and PUBG here I come...

Message 1 of 19 (862 Views)

Re: I was wrong about SBMM....

[ Edited ]

@DankTolietImagine being a bronze/silver skill level and dumped into non-ranked matches that have predators and diamond players..

Perhaps you’ve just reached a point in which your in a gray zone between needing to be a rank higher and a rank lower? You’re not  quite ready for predator lobbies but on the top end of diamond lobbies?

I’ve found that playing in higher rank lobbies with my high ranks friends leads to me improving my overall skills. Ya I get downed a lot and killed a lot. But the difficulty forces me to improve my game play.

I also think they have been toying with loot distribution. Purple shields seem to be hard to come by the last week or two. That means who ever has them seems to have a huge advantage. I’m also finding myself in positions that finding my favorite guns seems to be a bit harder.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 19 (846 Views)

@DankToliet If SBMM is not the solution,
Perhaps a noob lobby is. 🤔 some place noobs can go to play against other noobs.

Message 3 of 19 (838 Views)

★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Your KD must be 0.6
Message 4 of 19 (829 Views)

★★ Expert
@DankToliet What system are you on?

It might be that you were just zooming by to diamond because of the previous cheaters who climbed up that shouldn't be there and now you are met with the tougher crowd where Loss Forgiveness abusers couldn't get into before being banned or warned.

I still have my 2.5-ish K/D and find both my games on PC and XBOX quiet easy for myself. I do come across the occasional team with 20k badges but only get mowed down because my random teammates can't seem to coordinate like the enemy.

That's in Ranked, outside of that in casual, it does feel a bit more like Ranked as well with everyone taking their shots the moment they see you but it's still casual so I just try to run towards my teammates and hope they shoot them instead of me so that I can counter push.

Like @DarthValtrex said, could be you hit the ceiling and or just need to get over that hump to improve your skills to be on par with those enemies you come across.
Message 5 of 19 (827 Views)

@iBlockHead The big one for me when I’m in higher skill lobbies are the players who are deadly with a wingman. They basically land 2 head shots before I can unload a clip from my gun on them. Learning to adjust movement and/or get up to par with the wingman is what I need before I push to higher lobbies. I toy with it from time to time, but my skill with it is not there yet.

You can also tell the other teams play well together. They are well oiled machines who have their strats/systems down.. they are well balanced with their guns, they stick together.. one flanks while the other two put pressure on the squad they are engaged with.

Message 6 of 19 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Would love to see someone like the op share his stats then stream his games for an hour or two and let us do background checks on the 57 pros apart from him and 2 teammates every match.

Message 7 of 19 (797 Views)

★★ Expert
@cr41g1690 Agree,

Not that I doubt many players skills and their Rank but seems many players are coming across what they think is unusual now. Considering the game has been out for a while now, players are bound to come across others who have certain badges that take time or an x amount of kills.

I would very much like to see how these people play in the lobbies they dislike just to get a better idea of what's wrong.
Message 8 of 19 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GucciiWalletNot anymore I frequently kill 7+ players. But my stats are skewed, i was trash until about the week the duos came out.. that screen shot is fairly common for me.. here is another squad mates went down in the first 3 minutes and quit before I could get their banner. Did not see another squad until the final round. Sniped them so much they stayed away and eventually dropped all 3 of them. 

Message 9 of 19 (760 Views)

★★★ Pro
@cr41g1690 I'm far from a pro player, I only have 15days played. My highest kills is only 700ish on PF, everyone else is a little below that. I'm on Xbox btw, I do feel like I get two tapped by the Wingman at the start of the game way too frequently.
Message 10 of 19 (737 Views)