I was in the middle of Playing Star Wars Galaxies

by Galiandrael

Original Post

Highlighted

I was in the middle of Playing Star Wars Galaxies

★★★ Newbie

Please give us back our Game? I Loved the Jump to Lightspeed and Galactic Skirmishes scenarios and the Collecting card Game the Price of Victory I loved all of that game and I'd love it more were it to have parallel unlockable skills that were learned from trainers and formalized combat training and piloting Academies and trooper academies. but please Give your Star Wars fans Star Wars Galaxies again, please?

Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Re: I was in the middle of Playing Star Wars Galaxies

@Galiandrael Sorry, but this should be adressed to Disney (they are the owners of now defunct LucasArts and of the Star Wars franchise). The developers of Star Wars Galaxies were Sony Entertainment Online. They were also the publishers for North America. EA had a small contribution in the development process and they don't own the rights for SW Galaxies. Most likely, the rights are at Disney or Sony (probably both, which will make it even more difficult to revive it).

EA had until recently only the right for developing and publishing Star Wars: The Old Republic. They didn't even have publishing rights for KOTOR, those being owned by LucasArts (and now, by Disney). 

Before Disney launching the new Star Wars trilogy, EA and Disney got a deal for the development of new videogame IPs, the first IP being SW: Battlefront. There is also a new IP in the works in the Star Wars universe. 

So, any revival campaign should be directed towards SOE and Disney, as EA has nothing to do with the old Star Wars games (exception being their own MMO: SWTOR).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)