Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I was banned from PSN for trying to get a refund on Anthem by disputing char

by 000No-Mercy000

Original Post

Re: I was banned from PSN for trying to get a refund on Anthem

★★★ Apprentice

@Neptin 

Actually I did this more because your title of this post is clickbait. I read your message thinking that you were wrongfully banned, but instead you broke the agreement and put a misleading title on your post. You were banned for breaking your contract, not because you wanted a refund.

A more accurate title would have attracted less attention which would have been appropriate because of why you were banned.

Message 31 of 37 (142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DaboTheDuck wrote:

@Neptin 

Actually I did this more because your title of this post is clickbait. I read your message thinking that you were wrongfully banned, but instead you broke the agreement and put a misleading title on your post. You were banned for breaking your contract, not because you wanted a refund.

A more accurate title would have attracted less attention which would have been appropriate because of why you were banned.

click·bait /ˈklikbāt/  "content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page."  Might want to rephrase as I wasn't trying to get anyone to click anything in my post. I had absolutely nothing to gain from sharing this, other than being trolled. But okuurrrr. I have revised the title to be a little more clear, and the mods can feel free to edit the title or delete the post if they would like to. Otherwise byeee
Message 32 of 37 (134 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly the only thing that matters in this post is that,

You claimed fraud to your bank for a purchase made on PSN. This is in direct violation of PSN ToS and have every right to ban you. Whether you think its easy for them to just remove the game from your library is moot.

If they did not offer you a refund on PSN thats on PSN. But that does not give you the right to go to your bank and claim fraudulent charges because that is a whole different thing then not being offered a refund.

Your are lucky that PSN just banned your account and didn't take legal action.

This is a lesson you learned about buying a product through a 3rd party source (PSN is a 3rd party source , just like Xbox or Steam). If denied a refund from the 3rd party source for whatever reason than you need to go to the manufacture, publisher, ect. for the refund, not claim fraudulent charges when you knowingly purchased a game.

Message 33 of 37 (127 Views)
Highlighted

Re: I was banned from PSN for trying to get a refund on Anthem by disputing char

★★ Apprentice

What country are from, in the UK we are protected under consumer rights act which, BY law, they have refund digital products if you have had it less than 30 days if the product is faulty. Also PSN terms say 

19. Your rights and our liability

We do not exclude or limit our liability for:
(i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors;
(ii) our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
(iii) any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.

Other than as set out in this section 19, we are not responsible or liable in contract, tort, including negligence, or otherwise, for, nor do we give warranty or representation in relation to:
(i) the quality, functionality, availability, completeness, accuracy or performance of the PSN or its Products;
(ii) any errors, bugs or viruses in, or malicious use of, the PSN or its Products;
(iii) inability to purchase or use any Products or the PSN;
(iv) the activity and shared materials of other PSN users or hackers;
(v) Products not sold by us;
(vi) incompatibility of Products with Sony systems and software licensed for sale outside of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Russia and Oceania;
(vii) loss of data, loss of or damage to software or hardware as a result of using or accessing the PSN;
(viii) any loss of enjoyment;
(ix) your Internet connection, including connection, data and roaming charges and any failure to have sufficient bandwidth to download or stream Products from PSN;
(x) loss that you may incur that was not caused by us breaching these terms of service;
(xi) the use of the Products for any commercial or business purpose (we only supply the Products for domestic and private use) and we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity;
(xii) malicious acts of third parties, including but not limited to acts such as "hacking", spreading viruses, denial of service attacks, introduction of malicious code, trojans or unauthorised access to your Account;
(xiii) loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized usage of your Account or the Account of your child Family Members (unless the usage was directly due to our error); and
(xiv) any liability arising from an event that was outside of our reasonable control (e.g. a force majeure event).

We may withdraw access to free Products or subscription trials at any time.

Subject to the terms set out in this section 19:

Angel if we fail to deliver any paid-for Product, our liability and your only remedy is (at our option) either providing the Product or refunding the amount you paid for the Product to your PSN wallet;
(b) if we deliver a faulty paid-for Product, we will (at our option) offer to fix or replace the Product. If we choose to fix the Product but can't fix it within a reasonable time, or without causing you significant inconvenience, we will provide you with a full or partial (based on the value of the content you've received) refund; and
(c) our liability and your only remedy in any other case is limited to £50 (or local currency equivalent) or, if higher, the amount of unused funds in your PSN wallet.

Message 34 of 37 (116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Your bank did a charge back.

That should typically only be used for illegitimate purchases (ie. your card information was stolen and purchases you didn't approve were made). This is what happens when your bank does a charge back and you don't have a legitimate reason. Just because you don't like the game doesn't entitle you to that refund. I'm not in love with the game either.... but my I've accepted that I've spent $60 dollars on it.

Message 35 of 37 (103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

All these people restating the obvious, as if what they're saying is actually interesting or educational, is hilarious.

But they're also all wrong.  The problem here isn't that the OP did a chargeback, it's that there are ZERO standards for whether a video game is functional or meets its advertising claims, and all parties involved use EULAs to shield themselves from liability.   This used to be a relatively minor issue, but we've slipped so far down the slope that they're releasing complete and utter crap and laughing all the way to the bank.  It needs to change.

I give @Green_Legend_Ran points for the obscure anime reference, though.

Message 36 of 37 (91 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Talsalus wrote:

Your bank did a charge back.

That should typically only be used for illegitimate purchases (ie. your card information was stolen and purchases you didn't approve were made). This is what happens when your bank does a charge back and you don't have a legitimate reason. Just because you don't like the game doesn't entitle you to that refund. I'm not in love with the game either.... but my I've accepted that I've spent $60 dollars on it.

Arguably, a friend gifted me the game, but still lol

Message 37 of 37 (74 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help