Re: I was abandoned for 10 minutes after leaving the match with no teammates

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I was abandoned for 10 minutes after leaving the match with no teammates

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After I joined an Arena match i had no teammates so i decided to leave. After leaving a game I was abandoned for 10 minutes. This is not how abandon penalty and matchmaking should work because if there even was a no fill button i didn't use it but still was placed with no teammates. Watch screen recording to clarify my actions. https://youtu.be/VvCp2ijIvfg

Message 1 of 4 (412 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DenchikSlazietWelcome to Apex Legends! 💀

Although it's not your fault, never leave on the banner display screen. This is one of the badly designed systems by Respawn where leaving befroe drop ship/spawning in Arenas gets you an abandon penalty even though you were solo/duo. If solo in BR ranked, make sure to jump off map or kill yourself for extra confirmation. 

Meanwhile my teammate sitting afk in buy phase for 2 rounds don't get kicked, so you are stuck in 2v3 and held hostage by Respawn's own system.

Again, Welcome to Apex Legends. Make sure to not have fun, or we will make it unfun for you!💩

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (401 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DenchikSlazietWelcome to Apex Legends! 💀

Although it's not your fault, never leave on the banner display screen. This is one of the badly designed systems by Respawn where leaving befroe drop ship/spawning in Arenas gets you an abandon penalty even though you were solo/duo. If solo in BR ranked, make sure to jump off map or kill yourself for extra confirmation. 

Meanwhile my teammate sitting afk in buy phase for 2 rounds don't get kicked, so you are stuck in 2v3 and held hostage by Respawn's own system.

Again, Welcome to Apex Legends. Make sure to not have fun, or we will make it unfun for you!💩

Message 2 of 4 (402 Views)

Champion
@DenchikSlaziet To avoid this in the future, try not to fly through the prompts so quickly. It told you that you would be assessed and abandonment penalty if you left at that time. It's definitely broken and annoying (there should be no penalty for leaving at any point, when the game doesn't fill your squad), but at least it tried to warn you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)

★ Apprentice

Decided to kick this back up and say this crap is still going on! I had members go afk and d/cing.  We've.... well I lost 1 round already do to this! I'm like dude come on! Then i seen a guy do a F1 gesture and then D/C icon popped back on Im like really!  I've seen the DDOS Videos and everyone on discord getting badges. Now they giving free wins. yesterday i had a blood hound on my team follow me around now shooting in the air giving away are position. he is just jumping and shooting and are teammate is like wtf is going on here! I want to know how are they linking games like this! 

Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)