I want my online rank to be able to go down and up.

by jjwillse

Original Post

Re: I want my online rank to be able to go down and up.

Community Manager

@SixthOTD wrote:

So Bronze won't just be filled with lower skilled players, it will be filled only with players new to ranked, effectively making Silver the rank that the lower skilled players with get stuck in. 

Some great theories in this discussion and for those that have been playing the game for a while should most likely move out of Bronze to Silver. It's nice to have a bracket for players new to ranked mode though, whether this was intentional by design or not. 

This is some great feedback and we'll be sure to pass it along!

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 27 (266 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jjwillse bronze is the only rank people get out of just by playing the game. All the bad players will eventually end up in silver and the better players will move up to gold and so on.
Message 22 of 27 (248 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think she asking for noobs lobby where all noobs (rank <20) play together.

Message 23 of 27 (241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@xSagez wrote:
bronze is the only rank people get out of just by playing the game. All the bad players will eventually end up in silver and the better players will move up to gold and so on.

I would consider myself a rather bad player, and I have zero doubt that I'll be leaving Silver for Gold sooner rather than later (beyond that I don't know).

Message 24 of 27 (229 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@asukojo wrote:

Every decision has a reason:

I think the reason they don't want to de-rank, since once people reach the rank they want to achieve, or they almost FALL into lower rank, they will STOP PLAYING.

That's really bad since the higher the rank, the harder to find players.

So image if you almost platinum/diamond, and once you reach it, you start struggling with it, then you start freak out that you're going to be demoted down, and loose all your hardwork and has to climb again, you simply said : "I reach my goal, this's my max rank, I'm done with this, I won't touch it anymore"

Then the servers can't find enough player or take so much time to start the game on platinum or diamond level. And if this's happening, no body can go to predator and top players start crying.

Note: You have to remember, once you level up to platinum, you might play with players that has been platinum for a while, going to diamond, or play with diamond entry level.

There're top dogs, the steep curve could be very significant, die instantly, and you might start doubting yourself.

I honestly don't think that would be an issue. Look at games like Overwatch, for example. You can fall out of your current rank in that game, you can even fall down just by not playing the game enough if you are high enough, which could work in this game to keep that from happening. The point is that the possibility of de ranking won't keep people from playing. 

Message 25 of 27 (208 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Some still play (30-40%), and some don't (60-70%),

The one don't play, they play normal mode and having good time there.

Message 26 of 27 (200 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TheRealJayDee1 

I personally think gold will turn into the lowest tier by the end of the season and to be honest if you make it past gold you are probably better than you give yourself credit for

Message 27 of 27 (191 Views)