Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I want a refund. Like seriously

by Knugz3827

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I want a refund. Like seriously

★★★★ Novice

I have submitted ticket after ticket. Contacted ea bioware and microsoft store about this issue. I played anthem on xbox one. Every hour or so my console would hard crash to the xbox screen and i would be forced to hard reset my console. Delete and reinstall anthem and a hour or two later it would do the same thing. The sound would completly cut out followed by the crash. It is absolutely absurd what EA has done. They knew this game was not yet ready to be released, however beeing mlney hungry greedy * that they are they knew we have been waiting years and knew we would buy it not knowing what was really going on within the game itself. Player interaction within the game is that of a 2 player mode on a lite brite in 1986. Stats .. What are stats again i almost forgot. Content... They utilize the same objectives over and over and basically just filled the game up with the same * over ans over as a filler. Its a joke and for those defending the game it doea have potential but in the hands of ea i wouldnt bet on it. I have been talking with microsoft support about getting a refund videos, clips, pictures have been exchanged and i only pray i get my money back for this horse * of a game. If you are reading this and havent played anthem yet or are thinking about purchasing anthem... Steer far away buy division 2 . anthem was a complete failiure and takes the cake on most screwed game of 2019. But hey we got elysian keys and chests with parts that fixes everything..... * joke hope yall go bankrupt

Message 1 of 9 (273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want a refund. Like seriously

★★ Pro

@Knugz3827 wrote:

Microsoft finally issued a refund. And btw it was a digital download from the microsoft store. Every other game on my console runs without error besides anthem. It became actually unplayable there the past few days. I tried absolutely everyrhing down to wiping my character data and starting a new pilot. Its definitely something within the coding. Ugh i even gave it a chance i waited a month for a fix threw patches and it gradually got worse. Im bummed out man

At least you got your dollars back. I have a hard copy and haven't experienced many issues at all and the disc is just basic info as the majority of the game is downloaded. Glad you got a result though.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (167 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

I am sensing some angst. Perhaps its just a ripple in the force.

Message 2 of 9 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I would point out that I play on Xbox One and have very few issues, as far as I am aware Xbox seems to be one of the better platforms to play Anthem on due to the lack of issues that seem to occur on PS or PC. In the last 5 weeks I have had approx. 3 crashes, all to the main menu or spawn inside the fortress and I was able to continue every time, I honestly experienced far more crashes playing Destiny when it first came out. In game I get the occasional glitch but nothing game breaking in my opinion.

Given that some of my friends play Anthem on Xbox and I have made other friends that also play Anthem on Xbox and they do not experience the same level of issues as the OP, I am wondering if its not the game but the OP's console or a faulty disc (if they use a hard copy) at fault. I have never had a crash in Anthem that took me to the Xbox dashboard and I have never had to hard reset the console due to a crash in Anthem.

Message 3 of 9 (251 Views)

★★ Guide

@Haruchai01.. that's profoundly misguided. considering disconnects plague people on xbox FAR more than on pc (I know people who get them EVERY time they play and have since launch.. Canadians in Toronto to be exact, so its not like they have slow connections) its obviously inferior in every way. on pc you have to deal with the EA servers, on console you have to deal with PSN or XBL IN ADDITION TO the EA servers. it makes zero sense that either console would be "one of the better" (of 3..) platforms to play on.

Message 4 of 9 (241 Views)

★★ Pro

@TROUBLEWITHTOIL wrote:

@Haruchai01.. that's profoundly misguided. considering disconnects plague people on xbox FAR more than on pc (I know people who get them EVERY time they play and have since launch.. Canadians in Toronto to be exact, so its not like they have slow connections) its obviously inferior in every way. on pc you have to deal with the EA servers, on console you have to deal with PSN or XBL IN ADDITION TO the EA servers. it makes zero sense that either console would be "one of the better" (of 3..) platforms to play on.

"Misguided" , a totally inappropriate term to use, I go by my experience and others that I play with and non have experienced the issues the OP claim, there are even others in the forums that have stated the same as I do. PC's will always have more issues due to obvious reasons, different hardware architecture/ software etc. I have seen plenty complain about the issues with PS that weren't occurring on Xbox. As far as better, I was referring to the issues experienced with the game I am not claiming to be able to * higher than you or that the Xbox is a better console.

Your post makes no sense in the context of this thread or my post. Provide proof of your statement that it affects people on Xbox far more than on PC or frankly you are spitting into the wind.

Message 5 of 9 (233 Views)

★ Guide
@Haruchai01

Those crashes I experience on PC feel like codes not being scripted correctly for certain functions. Especially when Frostbite was not designed for TPS action game, and EA didn't provide enough support to BioWare team.

It was also a waste to not utilise Destruction 4.0. It would be a lot more fun interacting with the environment.
Message 6 of 9 (231 Views)

★★ Pro

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:
@Haruchai01

Those crashes I experience on PC feel like codes not being scripted correctly for certain functions. Especially when Frostbite was not designed for TPS action game, and EA didn't provide enough support to BioWare team.

It was also a waste to not utilise Destruction 4.0. It would be a lot more fun interacting with the environment.

They could very well be in your case but that's just speculation, I agree with the engine point but we are stuck with it as far as I am aware. But not all the crashes experienced by PC players were the same as you describe. There appeared to be a multitude of issues experienced by PC players, I remember some blaming EA/Bioware for not being able to get into the game and it turned out to be an account issue and the players fault not the company, its easy to speculate that its all the companies fault but until you can determine exactly what the issue was that's all it can be.

I have a friend who recently rebuilt their PC and got Anthem with the purchase of their Graphics card, they played it to death from early access and experienced minimal issues, they claimed they experienced no issue they considered game-breaking, but that's just anecdotal and only one persons experience.

Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Microsoft finally issued a refund. And btw it was a digital download from the microsoft store. Every other game on my console runs without error besides anthem. It became actually unplayable there the past few days. I tried absolutely everyrhing down to wiping my character data and starting a new pilot. Its definitely something within the coding. Ugh i even gave it a chance i waited a month for a fix threw patches and it gradually got worse. Im bummed out man

Message 8 of 9 (207 Views)

★★ Pro

@Knugz3827 wrote:

At least you got your dollars back. I have a hard copy and haven't experienced many issues at all and the disc is just basic info as the majority of the game is downloaded. Glad you got a result though.

Message 9 of 9 (168 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help