Betreff: I wanna hear Rampart buff ideas

by OkulteKeule97

Original Post

I wanna hear Rampart buff ideas

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I wanna hear buff idea's for her. her passive needs more to it than just lmg's, her walls need more hp or faster deploy time and Sheila needs 360 turning. 

I'm curious as to how you would buff her?

Message 1 of 14 (431 Views)

Re: I wanna hear Rampart buff ideas

Champion

I'd like to see the ult take a 50% reduction on clip capacity for a slight accuracy improvement.

As it stands her ult is just a giant noisy "I'm here please snipe me" sign. Would be nice if it had some real functionality.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 14 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 Best buff is just to remove her and Sheila from the game.
Message 3 of 14 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOM Come on now, we need easy targets...

To be fair her walls are not useless anymore.

@MandatoryIDtag I don't know if I want an accuracy buff to that gun.. I already get annoyed with the spitfire players.... Every time I think they are out of ammo, but wait there's more!! When I get really annoyed I pop smoke on them find a nice place to line up a Sentinel shot and show them the true power of weapons that require accuracy to be useful. More accurate Shelia would the Spitfire on roids.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 14 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex The Sheila idea i never really liked at all and i'm not a fan of to many defensive legends with the movement and manoeuvrability apex has but that's just a personal thing.

I think she isn't to bad since her last buff and anything much more would just make her annoyingly OP but not many of the decent players use and show utilisation as there are much better choices.
Message 5 of 14 (395 Views)

I'm not sure if a Buff is really needed. Get a Sentinel, get a lot of shield cells. Amp that Sentinel up and shoot through amped covers. It does massive wonders. Been using Rampart like this for a long while now. It makes me really enjoy her walls. It's a shame that the rest of her kit sucks though. I guess we could waste a thought or two of making her able to pick Sheila up and walk a short distance with it. Would be a good opportunity to raid places without making the ultimate being a permanently carried weapon of obliteration. That should be her passive tbh. That would buff both her Ult and her passive with one single change.

Then again, it's up to everyone in this regard.

Message 6 of 14 (382 Views)

@Peri_Longbow_plz Her ult is a bit underwhelming in all honesty but buffing it even just slightly can easily make it really OP. If it was accurate you could do things like camp the tower at Salvage and absolutely destroy anyone who comes near it.

The Devs always find creative ways to buff legends without going to far (most of the time). If she needs more adjustments I'm sure we'll see them.

I think her walls are really under used right now. Having that extra health can be a game changer in fights.

Message 7 of 14 (370 Views)

Betreff: I wanna hear Rampart buff ideas

★★★★★ Guide
Ultimate ability: You could put a shield on your minigun, much like Gibby, only a little bigger. So you could use your Ulti a little more aggressively. Currently you have to put a wall first and then Sheila that takes too long. And here is the 2 problem the wall is only me or do you bother the effects of the amplified shots when I spit with Sheila because I only see a BOLD blue dot that bothers me extremely so I would like to remove it. And generally make Sheila a little more precise.

Tactical ability: Your current buff allows your barricades to withstand 45 damage while building and that is a way in the right direction but still not enough. Why not do it so that the lower part of the barricade stands immediately and the upper part builds up as usual. As a buff, the upper part regenerates itself after a while if it breaks. The health of the wall could also be increased lower part from 400 to 600 upper part from 190 to 300. As compensation, Rampart loses 1 wall, leaving you with 4.

Passive Skill: Her Passive Skill is okay, but if you couldn't be a little more creative, she's a weapon modder. You could allow her guns to use the Hop Ups that only rampart when she picks up a gun with the said mod already installed. Or other gimmicks e.g. RE-45 if Rampart has used them, they have increased magazine and a burst mod or hemlock fully automatic.
Message 8 of 14 (360 Views)

@DarthValtrex This is honestly a Problem with defensive legends in general with the exception of Gibraltar. All of these legends are basically made to camp a spot. If you have a Wattson, a Caustic and a Rampart in a squad, and you find a good spot, chances are you can decimate most enemies in with little to no problems.

But that brings up the huge weakness of these legends. They have not a lot that makes them good when on the move. Call it bad or call it balancing. I personally find these legends annoying when fought against in an established spot, but are very easy to shred down anywhere else. Rampart at least has a normal hitbox size.
Message 9 of 14 (359 Views)

@Peri_Longbow_plz Wattson and Caustic can both be played fairly aggressively. It just depends on the person and how they play them. I play Wattson extremely aggressively, keep 2 ult acc. on me at all times and I'm throwing that tower down every place I fight.

Message 10 of 14 (345 Views)