Re: I uninstalled this game because of the Mastiff

by Warz0ne_Legends

Original Post

I uninstalled this game because of the Mastiff

★★★★★ Guide

I really had enough, and maybe what triggered me is the unbalanced gunplay, this gun feels pure luck, doesn't matter which area of the body I aim I always hit 14's sometimes 50 (rare) but other players just 2 pump me.

Respawn placed the r99 into the crate to change the gun meta which is fine, but nothing changed, it's even worse now, almost everybody is running Mastiff/Devo

The loot pool sucks, there are so many things now you literally have to sacrifice something either meds or ammo, you pick up a gun you can't find ammo for it or hunting for armour

The whole game feels like a big hot mess now

GG

Message 1 of 13 (609 Views)

@Renegade_Prime86 I'm wildly inconsistent with it as well. it's either hitting for 70+ or 14.. That 14 shot is instant death for me though.. I have enemies tickle me with the mastiff and instantly regret it.

I'm sure if i played exclusively with it I could get more consistent with it. But it's just not a play style I enjoy or want I'm not really into the Peak-a-boom plays.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 13 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Renegade_Prime8 6 this is a shotgun, it should kill with 2-3 shots, i agree sometimes not registred shot's but anyway)

Message 3 of 13 (573 Views)

★★ Guide

The game is not proper

Sometimes no loot

When enemy is weak it favors the higher shield person

Most of the time i am damaged first and i lose with no skill at all

Mastiff splash is not proper it give sometime 52 damage and headshot gives only 13 damages

No skill at all

20 kills and 4k damage players lose in firing range mode even with decent players

Message 4 of 13 (555 Views)

Champion
@Renegade_Prime86 I hear you. King of the 14 Mastiff right here

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 13 (509 Views)

★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex I think the Mastiff has this weird thing where the pellets don't actually appear when they should as you fire. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgV59sa104

This video's got the best example, slow the playback speed to 0.25 and compare the sound of the Mastiff fire to when you actually see pellets. At 5:45 it's most noticeable, with the Mastiff's animation recoil being halfway completed before seeing pellets from the round. 

Message 6 of 13 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I agree that the mastiff is pretty inconsistent, I wouldn't be opposed if the spread was slightly tightened.

Shoguns in general are pretty mediocre. The mozambique definitely could use a buff too. 

Message 7 of 13 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pastaclownThat’s interesting I’ll have to watch it in more detail on my computer. Try and slow it down a bit.

@Starburr the PK is strong, the eva 8 with double tap is not terrible in close range. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 13 (466 Views)

★★ Novice

I mean the peacekeeper is a care package weapon so it should be strong, and double tap eva 8 is okay but without the double tap it's not great.

Message 9 of 13 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Mastiff is totally not consistent, check this out, this one has NO REG to enemy , while enemy totally landed every shot: https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintWiseLaptopOSkomodo

Message 10 of 13 (439 Views)