I tried bonkers Tvpod settings. And I saw they were good

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

I tried bonkers Tvpod settings. And I saw they were good

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

As anyone who drives using cockpit came will know.   The default settings are good give or take a fov tweak. Despite the limited view F1 cars have.   Cockpit view as should be feels the most natural way to being consistent.  

But it’s not for me.  As it makes me feel slightly Claustrophobic.  

As I play my team.  In cockpit view you cannot see the mirrors.   So that got me thinking. ( As I don’t use the mirrors in Tvpod mode anyway.  Prefer look back.  ).  What if I push Tvpod camera forward so although much higher than in cockpit.  The view would be right over the drivers head.   But giving me a higher perspective.

so decided to use offset cam(centered) I didn’t charge my FOV off -12 as once set right you shouldn’t change it.  But pushed horizontal to max +20.  And adjusted angle down and height up a little and then tried it out using race practice program at Miami.  

Took a few laps to get into my stride but damn once I did I was shaving up to half second a lap off my time.  

still needs abit off tweaking and also messing around with  max wheel rotation.

It won’t be to most people’s liking.  But settings and setups are a personal thing.  And personally I like it👍

and yes my font changed cause I don’t know how to spell Claustrophobic so had to c&p it😊

Message 1 of 1 (213 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help