Re: I see numbers, but I don't see deaths

by VenderAzura

Original Post

I see numbers, but I don't see deaths

★ Guide

After breaking shields, and the other player not using any med kits, I notice there are a crap load of numbers but no deaths.  Then at the end of the game, or the group dying, I don't see the proper amount numbers or damage done.  Wth is going on EA?  Do I have to hit the target double the amount for the player to die properly?

I checked my bufferbloat, excellent.  I checked my ping and that's excellent.  I checked my responsiveness per refresh rate, and that's excellent.  I'm checking the GPU and CPU temps and those are excellent.  I'm checking the RAM used on the GPU and RAM, those are excellent...

wth is going on?!  It must be your servers or something?  Then the amount of bullets to kill characters are horrific.  I will go through a clip on one target, seeing numbers and no deaths, like it's nothing.  Then the amount of bullets to kill them is insane!  We need more ammo and less Mozambiques!  lol

Message 1 of 9 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also feeling this.. I'm also feeling the incorrect calculation of damage dealt? I see numbers popping off like 24, 30, 20 etc and then a the end of the match I've dealt like 60 dmg it says? Okay how? Does shooting armor not count? Only HP damage? It's confusing as f*ck... 

Message 2 of 9 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm starting to see a LOT of posts popping up about this issue itsFireflyy.  I'm experiencing the same issues as well.  It appears, to me, that on the player's side you're seeing the correct numbers popping up, but on the server side it isn't registering those hits.  So technically you're being lied to and it's a form of false hope.  I'm going to keep on playing, but a lot of us are experiencing the same problems.  You're not alone itsFireflyy.

itsFireflyy

Message 3 of 9 (476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that it helped to go into the settings and change the damage numbers from stacking to floating. After I changed this I felt like my numbers were a little more accurate. Still some weird problems with the damage numbers though.

Message 4 of 9 (448 Views)

★★ Guide

@EvoCyberNation wrote:

I'm starting to see a LOT of posts popping up about this issue itsFireflyy.  I'm experiencing the same issues as well.  It appears, to me, that on the player's side you're seeing the correct numbers popping up, but on the server side it isn't registering those hits.  So technically you're being lied to and it's a form of false hope.  I'm going to keep on playing, but a lot of us are experiencing the same problems.  You're not alone itsFireflyy.

itsFireflyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PfFPW9a90w watch this about the netcode,might give you an insight in to current server settings

Message 5 of 9 (440 Views)

★ Guide

The +fps_max unlimited actually makes the game more unstable.  As for the 144hz, I only have a 60hz.  As for the net, there is nothing we can really do.  I try and pick my server per starting page, but it still doesn't help any.  So no matter what, until EA puts in the work to reduce the net issues, we're stuck with the issues at hand.

Message 6 of 9 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been watching my numbers all day.  Kill 2-3 people and at match end my total damage is 40?  Yeah ok, its incorrectly reporting.  Over 20 games now it has incorrectly reported, all of which i have recorded with after game screen shots to prove it.

Message 7 of 9 (409 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The damage by default is stacking is not floating if you hit for 18 that is a torso hit then if you continue on firing the next hit is 18 it will show 36 and i goes on as long you dont miss. If you have changed that to floating damage every hit indicator will be for one bullet you damage so you will se 18 18 18. Hit registry is fine on this game i never had problems in my 110 hours of playing.
Message 8 of 9 (405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@IvanFireBlade_GR  

Ya this is correct however I have had this same issue happen to me as well.. I had floating values on which showed each bullet.. I have had a spitfire and I KID YOU not did over 700 damage to a person I emptied my whole clip of 50 bullets into this guy chest and head and the damage I actually got was 160.... after breaking his blue shield. Can't tell me something is wrong here. Though I had some moments where it does work fine and some moments it does just like that one. 

Message 9 of 9 (376 Views)