Re: I really wish there was a "Gift" option

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I really wish there was a "Gift" option

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've never understood why this feature doesn't exist on the Origin Store.  With Christmas coming up, there will be parents who want to purchase EA titles (in partticular, special editions of them) to be a surprise... only to realise you can't simply buy a code without it being linked to an account!

Xbox has no trouble doing this, so why is it so hard for Origin to follow suit Angry

Message 1 of 4 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Hyncharas it is possible to gift games on Origin, you can find all the information in relation to sending and receiving gifts in Origin in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/send-and-receive-gifts-with-origin/

Let me know if you have any more questions not covered in the help article.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Hyncharas it is possible to gift games on Origin, you can find all the information in relation to sending and receiving gifts in Origin in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/send-and-receive-gifts-with-origin/

Let me know if you have any more questions not covered in the help article.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a good start, though I see it requires you to have an Origin account, and the person you intend to gift it to be on your Friends' list.  I also noticed that pre-order titles are excluded...

This feels like a lot of work for buyers who may not use the service at all, rather than a retail store where they can choose to (or choose not to) open an account and just purchase one item.

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

Community Manager

@Hyncharas If it is a case that you would like to purchase them the gift without setting up your own Origin game then you could purchase the game or code from a retailer such as Game or Amazon. The way modern games work is that all you need to get your game linked to your account is the product code.

I have in the past purchased a PC game intended as a gift and simply text the code or written it inside a card.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)