I really want pve areas to be able to complete solo..

by YayHorseys

Original Post

I really want pve areas to be able to complete solo..

★ Guide

I normally play solo. I'm not very young, so friends aren't necessarily at the ready if I need help. Well I've been battling weirding woods chest 5 for a very long time. Had a good teenage player join last night, and it became obvious what a joke chest 5 is. I want these areas to be able to be solo'd. It SHOULD be hard, it should be a challenge and it should take some time and dedication to succeed, but this isn't the case here I believe. Two decent players shouldn't consistently be so far behind...not even close. So instead of having close loses, spurring us to keep trying, we just quit. Not fun, and have zero interest in finishing the medals. It's kinda sad really.

Message 1 of 19 (805 Views)

Re: I really want pve areas to be able to complete solo..

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Which platform do you game on?

I’m on PS4 and happy to help and also not so young.

👍😎

EDIT: autocorrect revenge 

Message 2 of 19 (782 Views)

★ Guide
@spIash_damage Aww thanks splash that is so nice! I wish i was on PS4 because that would be awesome. I'm on Xbox though Frown Did you beat the Weirding Woods battle chest 5? If so, i'm jealous! Thanks again you are a very nice person.
Message 3 of 19 (748 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I did beat Weirding Woods BC5 with the help of @arit0824 ... this is still a tough challenge (post patch) solo.

Try using Engineer by fortifying one of the positions of high traffic (pick a post with multiple doors funneling into a spot of high action).  Kill enemies as regular and when you've wiped out all of them in sight, keep an eye on the doorways or which ever direction the enemies are coming from.  The moment you can pinpoint the inbound enemies, SPAM and set our sonic mines.

If Engineer isn't your thing, try to use Space Cadet.  As soon as the game starts, sprint to said "high traffic spot" and transform to Space Station.  Save your Crater Maker ability for multiple enemies and use primary fire/retreat to kill solos.  If you can time your Crater Maker and manage to get a few AI around you, you should stand a decent chance of winning.

Otherwise... you'll have to team up with another Xbox'er and hope for the best.

(You might start a thread or post here https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Looking-For-Group-All-Platforms/m-p/8190620#M1229  to see if anyone on Xbox will help.)

Thanks for your kind words and best luck!

Message 4 of 19 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Xbox. I can help after 6p most days.

MinusKnight9729

Message 5 of 19 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I was going to say, if you were on PC, we could give it a whirl but I see you're on Xbox. 

It was rough, no doubt about it. I had a team of 4 beat it prior to the most recent patch and we stuck together so we could buff and revive each other. It was still no picnic, but worked.

I'm an older gamer too, so we need to stick together! Remember when controllers only had one button? And we liked it!

Message 6 of 19 (729 Views)

★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 Yes! i remember Intellivision actually,,,now that's old!
Message 7 of 19 (713 Views)

★ Guide
@FootSoldier9908 Thanks Minus!
Message 8 of 19 (712 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@YayHorseys 

Yep. My first console was actually the Colecovision, but friends had the Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, and Intellivision before that.

Message 9 of 19 (700 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I actually did manage to beat this one with the difficulty nerf solo wise in 2 attempts. As the squishiest player in the match, you really need to stick with your allies and use them to help shield for you or else you'll typically go down faster. Also try to revive your allies if it's safe. I can't recall who I played as, but I'd suggest someone tankier or with escape potential. Soldier, 80's, and Captain will struggle since they lack defense and escape tools for the auto aim champs you will be facing. Slide can throw in her tornado for DPS since AI rarely seem to detect it to flee while also using her orb to send the Chomper away from allies as they also don't flee/kite him... they just eat the bites. She is squishy though and has to be careful. Engie has his turret and stun to help your allies win fights. Space Cadet may be a decent pick as you can adopt the AI Space Cadet as she is probably the most suicidal of the group. Super Brainz is OP, so he may work out... but he is also a large target and getting into the fray with one plant can quickly go bad if a Pea Shooter shows up. Lastly, the Acorn is the most profitable enemy to take down since he is the weakest link by far. While the Oak, Peashooters, and Chomper are high threats. 

Did you manage to beat Town Center (plants)'s 4th chest? I think it's still the hardest of the ones I've done. I barely beat it with 3 players (one of them needed) the other night after multiple attempts. 

Message 10 of 19 (687 Views)