Re: I really hope they're paying attention... Season 2 is make-or-break.

by jonesy0218

Original Post

I really hope they're paying attention... Season 2 is make-or-break.

★★ Pro

I'm hopeful but nervous for Season 2... I feel like it will be the turning point for this game - good or bad. I've put some major hours into APEX but I'm getting burnt out on the same repetitive, non-rewarding stuff.

For everything that is good in the gaming world, PLEASE make us believe you are listening to the community! 

I just want a game I can count on. There's room for APEX in the BR world... but right now I'm following blindly. Season 2 will decide what the future looks like for this game.

Message 1 of 9 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This want to be a constructive critic; i would like to build a nice thread around this topic cause it really interests me.

I do not know since how many years all the Apex's player base plays: i believe there are people who play since 10, 15, 20 years, and people who started with fortnite just a couple of years ago. 

Fornite and BR with their management changed and created a new way of gaming; the players changed, we became hungry about content, we start looking for the quantity and not for the quality anymore.

I started playing games about 20 years ago and multiplayer in 2008 with Metin2 followed right after by Combat Arms (which has been my favourite game so far).

I am just writing this lines because those were games where the updates and new contents were extremely rare and still, people keep playing them for years! 

What have changed so far? 

Message 2 of 9 (406 Views)

★★ Guide

I believe Season 2 will be awesome. I really do and from the notes they posted it looks like that.

Season 2 is crucial for the surviving of this game indeed, but from what I'm seeing so far it will be good.

Message 3 of 9 (324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Only worry about season 2 is that it will go by to fast they say you will progress much faster and I think this season progressed at the right pace

Message 4 of 9 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Looking forward for sezon 3

Message 5 of 9 (310 Views)

★ Guide
Hah, Combat Arms...another F2P shooter that became a playground for cheaters.

The Fireteam modes were kinda fun.

Whether Respawn/EA can successfully take a pre-emptive strategy against cheating for this game is going to make or break it in the long run. Even big streamers are avoiding the game now specifically due to the cheating.

This Season 2 pass is neat and all but it's ultimately only of short-term value. Not going to be fun trying to get its rewards if wallhackers and head-auto-aimers are ruling the day.
Message 6 of 9 (303 Views)

★★ Expert

Fak...forgot to mention

custom games High five

why?...cause they rule and make new games explode ...why? because people have a choice!

If "they" pay attention to this, " they" will have a good 2 years ahead of them

If anyone disagrees with this, they seriously need to check themselves into some type of rehab!

Heart

Message 7 of 9 (261 Views)

★ Pro

Well custom games most definitely help retain streamers (at least some) and keep them interested. Games with viewers/subscribers seems to be a popular way interact.

It's also the only way to allow for 3rd party leagues and tournaments to be able to happen.

So yeah, looking further forward, some form of custom games does need to happen.

Message 8 of 9 (240 Views)

★★ Pro

Yep, especially with how competitive it's getting. I think it would weed out some of the try-hards from the normal queue so casuals can have fun as well. 

Message 9 of 9 (236 Views)