I realized why this game sucks and why it is mentally exhausting

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

I realized why this game sucks and why it is mentally exhausting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I started playing this game in mid-season 3, it was my very first BR game, and I loved it.

I was grinding the game since then, I wanted to improve, I spent a large amount in my free time to practice, watched tips on youtube, and tried to adopt it in-game.

Then season 6 came in and after 2 days I realized I can throw all my effort into the bin because the skill gap between players is gone, I uninstalled the game just to have a break, after a week I went back in (yesterday) and I realized why my mental patience has dried out

Server Connection

Yesterday, as someone who soloq since day 1 I had the best teammates for the first time, great communication, super nice talented guys, great rotation, measuring fights, we where winning, 2 squads left and then suddenly error "Connection lost to the server" tried to rejoin, nope, that game is just gone

I get an apex pack, suddenly I see 3 gold lines, my heart rushes me saying "Yay 3 legendary items " then the animation freezes and I get the code:net error, the pack is gone

Game number 3, rubberband, can't even move, when I moved to a direction it kept throwing me back to the same position like a replay, I ask teammate "are you lagging?" his response "bro I can't even move" okay it's not me then

Teammates

This is one the most difficult thing as a soloq player, and it is with me since day one, all over and over again. It really surprises me that people are still braindead after 6 seasons, mindlessly rushing into fights when they hear gunshots dying in 2 seconds, dropping hot to a location where there are already 5 squads so every character from the game can punch you out at the same time, and not to mention the angry toxic players who are already down you try to save them by trying to 1v3 and he constantly screams into the mic how much a loser you are.

And the looters, looting the same area for 15 mins and they die to the ring or get gatekept

Thieves who steal your loot in front of your nose, I had this pathfinder yesterday I never saw anybody looting so fast, he emptied 3 boxes under 2 seconds screwing me up by leaving nothing, yup we got into a fight I died coz I had no ammo and no bins around 

These 2 things are with me since day one and I am so surprised who I could play this game for 10 months straight every day

But what killed me completely toward the game is the following 

Recoil

I follow quite a few streamers who stream apex, and I saw several posts about their recoil that it is a bit weird, I never placed any huge attention to it since yesterday

I know that in season 6 the recoil has been hugely reduced but a minimal recoil is still there, I watched 2 streamers and I noticed when they fire with any gun with no attachments or attachments, they are beaming people in a straight line.

I wnt to their youtube channel and scrolled back to season 5 and 4 gameplays, it was the same

Nobody should tell me, that these people are so damn talented that they can hold the recoil of every gun in a straight line, that is not possible.

Second, when they have a mouse cam view, there is not even the slightest sign that they are doing anything to reduce the recoil, I realized this when I remembered this YouTuber who shown how to reduce the recoil on the flatline, he showed his mouse view and you could see the movement to reduce it, but still, it wasn't a straight line, the recoil was reduced but you could still see the bullet movement in a certain way

And the third thing, have you guys noticed since season 6, because there is no skill gap between players because of the recoil reduction and the TTK most of them who made 20 bombs and kills between 10-15 are now just making between 3-5?

This hit me hard, I invested my time to be better at this game, and these so-called pros just get away with using macros?

I am out

Great game pounded into the dirt

GG's

Message 1 of 35 (12,760 Views)

Re: I realized why this game sucks and why it is mentally exhausting

★★★★★ Guide

@Renegade_Prime86 @r

I share your point of view, because I am telling this since day one.

Famous, wannabe famous streamers and youtubers use at least no recoil macros, but not one gives sh*t. Seems that G-Hub or whatever can't be detected, I don't know.

Yes I know recoil on Apex is lower than on other games, I have 1.300 hours ingame, but no one can tell me that it is possible to beam every single clip, without a mm of recoil. It is not possible!

Can't stand it either, but if they would ban them, less people would watch Apex streams, so this must be their point of view, which of course if more than hypocritical.

I would not give a * but these people destroy the game for others and additionally get money for it.

Message 2 of 35 (12,746 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This game is the very opposite of FAIR PLAY. There is none. And I guess this is the feature of the BR genre. It also creates a rather toxic atmosphere and community. When you play FPS like Overwatch you know what you are dealing with. You have an even number of teammates on each side, team compositions are the same, you can switch heroes, you have the objective, etc. This game is a total chaotic mess. You spend several minutes just to get to an actual game so that you can die in just a few seconds. This is madness.

Message 3 of 35 (12,691 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Renegade_Prime86Me and a forum member form here were queuing into trios together. We definitely had a few players who struggled. We also had one extremely good wraith, who respawned us perfectly in a very intense hot battle.

The servers are not that bad. Sure they have their moments, but every single game I have played online does.

I get the frustration with teammates who don’t pull their weight, but we all have our moments.if solo queuing is so frustrating for you, make a looking for group and put together pre-mades. Tons of personalities out there, you can find a few people to team up with. I play rounds with almost anyone, good or bad. I even frequently play with an autistic guy who loves to game.. I just have fun with the game and make the best of things. Some nights we do well other nights not so much. 

Point is, if you enjoy the overall game, make the best of it, understand it’s a game and have fun with it in your own way.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 35 (12,680 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Renegade_Prime86 don't mind me ...am just here waiting for someone Standard smile
@apostolateofDOOM , he should show up , right ...right ? lol

all what you mentioned is right and very tough one regarding the legendary pack but....i can not deny that am not little bit happy with the reduced TTK only when it works for me
i just hated it and hated the whole season starting from trailer to game play but honestly it's giving a chance for the low lvl players to fight back and am one of them .
am a preseason player with more than 20 K kills and 1900 hours of game play and 1.5 KDR but still can not handle 99% of preds , ok maybe they are better players otherwise will not get to pre by chance .
so if i am suffering with this kind of players then what a low lvl player have to do ( i mean low lvl like me but alos little bit more low lol) , i will give you an example .
a friend of mine who started this game in season 4 so he mentioned to me the other day that he feels that the game is little bit easier for him and he started to have fun playing it specially when am in his party and because the amazing SBMM it's matching us with the top players matching my skills not his skills and not even the average of his and mine combined or something like that .
so yeah it sucks
Message 5 of 35 (12,673 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Renegade_Prime86

I can deal with some of the issues you mentioned but I truly think the most exhausting aspect of this game is the matchmaking.

Cueing with friends = super sweaty

Cueing solo = being placed with two weaker teammates for balancing, only to have premade squads in the SAME lobby. What is the point?!?
Message 6 of 35 (12,659 Views)

Champion

For me personally the most disheartening issue is the audio and hitreg, more so the audio as the hitreg only really seems to affect me on downed targets...which is weird in itself frankly.

Being killed by a better player or a player who's got the drop on me from a better position I can deal with. Regularly dying due to game issues however is a real annoyance...especially during a fun match as it just overrides any enjoyment you had with a sense of aggravation.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 35 (12,649 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@maximas1986 Was called so just popping in to say hello and wassap. Large smile

@Renegade_Prime86 Special place in hell for those who land on me as i always ping where i'm going. Bad enough fighting the enemy for loot but my team mates? come on..

Servers, prediction, simulation, packets, pigeons, netcode or whatever you want to call it is crap and getting much worse.

Sound.. I'll say it again SOUND!!! emphasis on the caps ie shouting because you can see that but be damned you won't see or hear anything right next to you ingame and one of the main but many reasons i can't stand the lowered ttk.

Lots to moan about but chilling with my cinnamon coffee so love and light to you all. <3

Message 8 of 35 (12,621 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I wonder where is our caustic 🤔
Message 9 of 35 (12,617 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@maximas1986 Recharging. Coffee cup Back to my usual self in no time. Wink

Message 10 of 35 (12,604 Views)