I quit Apex since mid-season 5, how are things now?

by bosourd

Original Post

Re: I quit Apex since mid-season 5, how are things now?

★★★★★ Expert
@OverDecorated “You are all right“ - Someone in a movie.

I bought my ps4 entirely for the reason to play TLOU Remastered. Every other PS exclusive afterwards were just bonuses.
Message 11 of 19 (376 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q I've been busy with Planet Zoo lately lol, also thinking of doing a 4th run on The Witcher 3 but since I still remember the story from A to Z, I'll wait till I get bored with PZ xD

I'm running out of MP games tbh...... Been looking but can't seem to find the right one
Message 12 of 19 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Apex is decent still, A lot of the new things added I could care less about like replicators and the new characters but I do really enjoy map rotation and weapon variation compared to earlier days.

Message 13 of 19 (359 Views)

★★★ Pro
@bosourd Hello!

I started playing the game at the same time as you, I came back at season 5 though after a break from season 3 and 4.

I would say IMO, that the game at the moment is actually in a very good place, I mean the legends (Apart from Path) and guns seem very well balanced.

I have noticed less and less cheaters now (PS4) but do still see a lot of players who have bought hacked accounts with the badges, KDR and stuff like that.
There are massive audio issues on the game, times in the game where you genuinely do not hear a player until he starts shooting you, or you don't hear players on zip's etc.

The game is heading in the right direction, I think with a new map possibly on the cards next season we could be in for a good ride and think the game will have a massive step up on next generation!
Message 14 of 19 (345 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bosourd I would say play it and find out if you have fun, Some say its fun, some say its bad so at the end you have to find out on your own.
Message 15 of 19 (337 Views)

★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998 I hope so too they going in the right direction, but seems like old problems still exist after 6 seasons, I'm a bit disappointed...
Message 16 of 19 (313 Views)

★★ Expert

@bosourd Week 1 Player here, I quit for S4 and S6, and truthfully the game hasn't wholly improved. There's a lot of issues that have existed since we started that still haven't been fixed, and due to Covid there's been a decline in meaningful content (though lack of content has been an issue since we started playing). 

Recent patch is a step in the right direction, the Pathfinder CD tweak, (finally) Wraith Nerf , and damage numbers on EVO shields were all things suggested by the community, but it remains to be seen whether they'll continue listening to us for improvements / ideas, or if they're going to back to doing their own thing. SBMM is still atrocious, so if that was a turn off for you, I'd recommend keeping your distance and listening for more beneficial changes. 

Message 17 of 19 (301 Views)

★★ Pro
@pastaclown I am a bit hesitated indeed, I guess we'll see where this boredom takes me, I just don't want to be stressed out even more playing Apex.
Message 18 of 19 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bosourd Just play irregularly. If you get worked up, quit for the time being.
Message 19 of 19 (285 Views)