Re: I question what DICE as a team spends their time doing all day.

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I question what DICE as a team spends their time doing all day.

★ Guide

They have all these community managers and there's no content to show off. Very little to talk about. 

The level devs spent all these months developing four remaining maps for this game. 

The only ones I can see that should be busy are the ones trying to fix this game. 

The only posts i see on twitter are the usual map rotations and "the games down again"

There's very little action from Battlefield on twitter and I don't blame the community managers as there's nothing to talk about.  

I guess the "skeleton crew" belief makes sense as we're getting the amount of content for this game that one would make. 

Message 1 of 17 (644 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

As a shareholder I am intrigued by how many and who we are paying a salary to at EA/DICE.

Because right now, the current content and painful slow additions of new isn't doing a very convincing job on its own to justify the running costs.

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (553 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

As a shareholder I am intrigued by how many and who we are paying a salary to at EA/DICE.

Because right now, the current content and painful slow additions of new isn't doing a very convincing job on its own to justify the running costs.

Message 2 of 17 (554 Views)

★★ Guide

Its hard to imagine how many paid employees they have working on BF titles. Not just prior to launch, because the game is a disaster, but also post launch. Atleast they are getting paid and still have jobs for delivering arguably a terrible product with minimal work to be shown for all this time lmao

Message 3 of 17 (532 Views)

★★★ Guide

They work hard. The few of them. 

They just definitely don't have enough people and they lied about it. Only a skeleton remains, as reported by Tom Henderson, the credible gaming journalist who leaked all information, and everything turned out to be true. 

Their team is working on the next Battlefield. 2042 is going on probably just to avoid legal repercussions. 

If season 2 don't come with a server browser, I'm out. There are so many excellent games to play out there. Too bad one of my favourites turned out to be this much of an unprecedented disappointment. 

Message 4 of 17 (489 Views)

★ Guide

Not working on BF2042 that's for sure. 

Message 5 of 17 (469 Views)

★★ Expert

at the very best DICE is using 2042 as a training-exercise for the new hires to learn the ropes of frostbite....
at worst they already signed everyone available over to whatever BR wannabeshooter they will sell us in the furute

i am fairly confident that even if the absolute best devs from DICE over teh past 20 years came all back and worked on 2042 they wouldn't be able to save it, this game is what happens if incompetend leadership helms a studio of new-hires and i am glad EA cut out most of the higherups from DICE because it just can not get any worse

Message 6 of 17 (449 Views)

★★★ Expert

Maybe they are working on new maps and adding the portal weapons to AOW? I can only hope. We aren't getting a server browser with this game. 

Message 7 of 17 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I can picture a few people working overtime to disentangle the mess that is Frostbite.

Some others trying to do a proper rendition of the old maps

Some others trying to also see what part of the code somehow makes some assets take way more resources than it should.

In short, the ones who act actually doing the delicate or grunt work are probably doing their best to give results.

The problem is what the DECISION MAKERS are doing.

Enders made a video about what an external contractor experienced during the last phases of the pre release development.

It was a nightmare due to the combination of release rushing and how bugs where reassigned from dev to dev.

Message 8 of 17 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The game was designed for free to play mobile style game.

The maps tell you that and thats why they were terrible.

I expect steatlh helicopters were for the whales to buy as pay to win.

We know that the whole studio is not working on it and if they are, why do Dice not prove it!!

Dice must be so gutted they cannot sell a £20 weapon skin at £19 profit for a random digital item.

Message 9 of 17 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Meanwhile at Dice on fancy dress day..............

download (1).jpg

Message 10 of 17 (401 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help