I need help with Wingman! 😭

by nicimang

Original Post

I need help with Wingman! 😭

★★★ Apprentice

Seriously does anyone have any tips, I like to use either digital threat with it or 2x, but I seem to genuinely suck with the gun 😭😭😂

Message 1 of 9 (318 Views)

Re: I need help with Wingman! 😭

★★★ Pro

I can shred with the digital threat on it.  It's completely useless to me otherwise.  I swear I have people lined up on the red dot and nothing, nothing, nothing.  I generally ditch it ASAP unless I have a digital threat.

Message 2 of 9 (308 Views)

@nicimang Focus on the person you are aiming at rather than the reticle. Don’t spam shots unless you are very close to them. I never use the 2x personally only 1x sights because you really want to stick to 1 magnification with the wingman IMO so that you are very comfortable with the distance to adjust aim for. But you can use it if you learn the drop at distance. I also don’t like the 2x because up close it is distracting to me when I need to land single shots the 1x is way better for me.

Every shot counts so practice strafing while shooting. You have a quick strafe speed since it is a pistol but you have to make sure you can still hit moving targets while doing so.

I still miss my shots up close sometimes but ever since I put time into wingman my aim has gotten so much better. You can use it as a primary once you are more comfortable with it.
Message 3 of 9 (307 Views)

★ Pro
@nicimang i find the wingman easier to shoot without any sight attached, i get much better results like that
Message 4 of 9 (279 Views)

Hero
@nicimang Iron site all the way. I never use optics on that gun and hit 300 meter head shots with it (If lucky) it just feels like a mechanic to different with it then optics allow. The giant red circle if on someone will hit them. But with optics you have to be very percise.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 9 (275 Views)

EA DICE Team
@nicimang try doing duals with other players in practise range. A friend of mine and I have started doing it and it helps a lot with doing aim training. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 6 of 9 (255 Views)

★★ Guide
@RockDokRock Opposite for me! 1x hcog is the only way I can use the wingman, otherwise I might as well be shooting straight into the ground lol
Message 7 of 9 (252 Views)

★★★ Pro
@nicimang

1. Use iron sight
2. Aim is better than spamming
3. Never use in close combat

Note: If you can’t aim and want to spam and need to use it in close combat then take Revenant and move left and right while crunch and shoot at the same time (his crunch move is fast and hard to hit)

one of the best feature of shotguns and wingman is that you can have 16 or 60 ammo and you are good to go (while other weapons like Dec, 301, etc eat bullets), therefore you can use rest of the inventory for grenades
Message 8 of 9 (210 Views)

@nicimang I don't know how to describe it aside from say you really want to slow down when you use it. Accuracy is everything with the gun. I know this is obvious but you have to make the shots count. The gun has 0 margin for error.

What I see happen a lot, people panic when they use it. That leads to messy shooting and missing shots. I have also noticed the gun is very very very difficult to use if you have any bit of latency/lag happening.

I can make it work with just about any sight on it. I kind of wish I could put a 2x-4x on it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 9 (197 Views)