I need contact details for formal complaint.

by newbycj1984

Original Post

Highlighted

I need contact details for formal complaint.

★★ Novice

I’ve spent near 2 hours trying to remedy my issue; login problems then a game not working, which game or how is how it was broke is now irrelevant. I’ve been through the forums, followed advice, waited for chat bots and called the customer service number 3 times, to be hung up on 3 times. I bet you think I was probably rude or too direct, but I wasn’t nor am I ever with people working in customer service, thankfully all calls are recorded so this is verifiable.

I don’t care about fixing the game or any errors nor do i want a refund, I would like to make a formal complaint to an actual complaints department within EA.

Struggling with the game or technical issues is one thing but to be hung up on three times is rude. I’ve wasted both time and money on this to be treated so poorly.

I was hoping someone could perhaps direct me to the complaints department, an email or direct phone number (not the EA customer service number, not again) please?

Big thanks if anyone can help, really appreciate it.

CJ

Message 2 of 12 (1,107 Views)

Re: EA customer support is next level terrible

★★ Novice

Ive just been hung up on 3 times, I was calling to get contact details neceserry to make a formal complaint.

Does anyone know the email address for the compaints team, I cant call again they will just hang up again.

Many Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12 (1,096 Views)

Re: I want a refund

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@CarbonCarl Carl, do you have any contact details, email or direct telephone number for the complaints department please?

Message 3 of 12 (1,097 Views)

Re: I need contact details for formal complaint.

Community Manager

@newbycj1984 You will need to reach out to an EA Advisor, for further assistance with a complaint. You can make a case on help.ea.com and select the contact us option. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 12 (1,094 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @newbycj1984,

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble having your issue resolved.

There is not a direct number or external email for a complaints department, but if you let an advisor know you'd like to make a formal complaint, they will take all your information and pass that along to have the team reach out to you.

This does need to be done through an advisor and not via the forums I'm afraid. You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 12 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Ilium, Thank you for responding but I’ve tried all of those options to no (zero) avail, I'm now only looking specifically for the complaints procedure and contact details. I have no interest in fixing my original issue nor I don’t want a refund I just want to bring my experience to the attention of the complaints department.

I cannot call again, its already cost £5 in call charges and I’ve been hung up on each time, I really need a proper point of contact for a formal complaint, please. I’m really struggling to find a clear answer here - please.

CJ

Message 6 of 12 (1,071 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mako Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate that.

Unfortunately, I’ve been down this route already and its not worked, I’ve called customer services three times and on each occasion I’ve been hung up on (3 times). What recourse do I possibly have?

The point of failure is through the advisors hence, I cannot go through them, what alternatives do I have, seemingly none? I suspect that isn’t the case, EA will want feedback I’m sure, both the positive feedback from the forum responses and the negative feedback from the advisors, this is valuable to a company.

Could you advise on a process or route when the above has failed please?

Message 7 of 12 (1,057 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @newbycj1984,

You shouldn't need to call a number, just use the website. There is no alternative contact route I'm afraid, but advisors do have a process to follow to get this information to a team that will reach back out to you to follow up.

Just let an advisor know you're looking to make a formal complaint and they'll get some general contact and issue information from you to get that passed along.

Again, you shouldn't be calling a number, just use one of the links in my previous post to reach out that way and they'll get you connected to the right folks.

Mako.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,053 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @@EA_Mako thanks again for getting back to me.

Sadly the advisors never did come back with a response nor did I expect they would after being hung up on 3 times. I had only called because the original route you kindly suggested had already failed, I had already tried that. I have now no reasonable reason to assume this will now be treated fairly with my only recourse coming possibly under section 15 of the Electronic Arts user agreement.

Can you confirm absolutely there is no formal complaints procedure nor is there any avenue to register a formal complaint other than previously suggested because arbitration under the terms of the licensing agreement could potentially be both protracted and expensive, something I very much want to avoid.

I do genuinely appreciate your feedback but its a route I've already tried and it failed, any suggestion to try again essentially amounts to no other option than a written notice of dispute to the legal department at Redwood Shores in California to commence arbitration. I will only do this in the absence of a reasonable alternative.

Once again, I don't want anything. I've given up on my issue being fixed, I don't want a refund I just want to register a complaint. I'm quite sure EA will appreciate the feedback. 

Once again, thank you

CJ

Message 9 of 12 (1,038 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @newbycj1984,

There absolutely is a formal complaints process in place.

I do see you've resumed the same contact thread and just clarified within that you were looking to make a complaint. I am seeing advisors did respond via email, though those were still attempting to explore some troubleshooting options.

At this point I would suggest creating a completely separate case so it's not linked to your prior troubleshooting efforts and is solely focused on the fact that you're wanting to file a complaint.

If you have the option to use live chat, a phone callback or the Twitter/Facebook options above, I would recommend going with those over an email so an advisor can get that information from you directly and set that up.

Mako.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,005 Views)