I’m supposed to come back for this?

by jor19dan89

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I’m supposed to come back for this?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So to be clear we got bug fixes and a stronghold?

no changes to legendary drop rates.

also this new stronghold drops less loot than  hor.  So why would we run it more than once?

i guess they haven’t been told enough but truly terrible job.

to think I defended this when the roadmap first got released.

Message 1 of 28 (707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I’m supposed to come back for this?

Community Manager

Hey all, you are all more than welcome to discuss Anthem whether you like it or not but I have to ask that the childish back and forth ends now.

From here on, any user that continues to bicker or get a dig in will be facing a ban.

Darko

View in thread

Message 23 of 28 (280 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

No. No you are not suppose to come back.

It's been very nice a round here without you biatching and moaning.

Please, for the sake of all of us, do not come back.

Message 2 of 28 (682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you don't like it don't come back. Put in feedback where it should be. At this point you sound like a whiney 13 y/o. There is even a pointed topic telling you where to go for the game you're not playing monthly for and likely were dumb enough to go balls to the wall to get max level as soon as possible.

Literally every game with loot or progression has your kind complaining about the same thing. Grow up and shut up.

Message 3 of 28 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're not supposed to have 100% legendary drops. How old are you that you cannot understand the concept of grinding games?

Message 4 of 28 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I could of sworn they said "New Items". The only new items are 3 components. If you don't get to play very much this game is probably awesome for you. For somebody who wants to put in several hours a day, this game will * you off.

I'd use this game as an opportunity to understand that pre-ordering is a scam at worst and a gamble at best. Even buying a game within a couple weeks of release has become a gamble, not to mention it's more expensive and you get less product for your money than if you wait.

From here on out, wait for the game to be completely released. The buy the game in it's entirety for half or less of what all of the suckers who bought 25% of the game(complete with more bugs than you can count) for twice the money.

I'm not mad about any drop rates. What I'm mad about is how they say one thing and something else happens. This game was beta when it was released and we paid for a complete game. You can say whatever you want to about the drop rates or content or whatever you want... there's an argument both ways, but what you cannot argue is that advertising a complete game and selling a beta game is REALLY REALLY BAD BUSINESS. Customers aren't getting paid to be beta testers. We are paying extra to get the game early and then they're putting us to work to fix their game and then get in their feelings when the customers speak up.

As long as we continue to support that kind of thing we can expect business to get worse and worse and we, as customers, we pay for it all.

Message 5 of 28 (574 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They added a 61k wrap, everyone was asking for more overpriced wraps and vinyls, right? 

Message 6 of 28 (564 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry to say this, but unfortunately you are right about it. But from my experience in life, from all the things that are happening good or bad, being constructive helps development more than otherwise.

Message 7 of 28 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@northsideglyde wrote:

I'm not mad about any drop rates. What I'm mad about is how they say one thing and something else happens. This game was beta when it was released and we paid for a complete game. You can say whatever you want to about the drop rates or content or whatever you want... there's an argument both ways, but what you cannot argue is that advertising a complete game and selling a beta game is REALLY REALLY BAD BUSINESS. Customers aren't getting paid to be beta testers. We are paying extra to get the game early and then they're putting us to work to fix their game and then get in their feelings when the customers speak up.

As long as we continue to support that kind of thing we can expect business to get worse and worse and we, as customers, we pay for it all.

Games these days take a lot more effort to develop than they used to twenty years ago. But everyone still expects “a full game” for the same amount of money (even though the “same amount of money” is also worth less than twenty years ago). If you paid $60 and not planning to pay any more than that, then you may have very well gotten what you paid for. You just don’t realize it. Nobody wants to pay what it would cost to actually release the game they want, but everyone wants a full refund a month later because there “wasn’t enough content” (and there’s never “enough content”).

Schedules slip when you’re dealing with software development. Things inevitably take longer than anticipated, and trying to fix one issue introduces another. They gave us a heads up on a tentative schedule for the next three months, and they have now pushed back the features they were hoping to release in April. It’s not some devious treachery on their part. They just have a ton of stuff on their plate, and they can’t do everything at once.

And please, no one is “putting us to work to fix their game.” I wouldn’t trust 99% of the players to write a halfway decent bug report, much less actually help fix anything. The game will get better and have more content at some point. Until then, maybe stop acting like they owe you 24/7 entertainment for $60. It’s not even funny anymore.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 8 of 28 (499 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@IvoryTemplar  without a doubt other games have their fair share of hiccups. The things is, they're hiccups.

That's not the case for Anthem, if they can't deliver the product and services that they marketed for, that's a complete disaster and a total rip off to any consumer.

They followed up with a roadmap, which is looking like they will not be able to honor. Come April 30th if they can't to fulfill those expectations it would be another big scam.

They set the tone and expectations! The need to learn how to deliver!

Message 9 of 28 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@jor19dan89 wrote:

So to be clear we got bug fixes and a stronghold?

no changes to legendary drop rates.

also this new stronghold drops less loot than  hor.  So why would we run it more than once?

i guess they haven’t been told enough but truly terrible job.

to think I defended this when the roadmap first got released.

Nothing the OP said was untrue. Not any of it. The drop rate sucks, and you can't compare it to other games because of the RNG inscription system, which makes it worse (people still can't get that through their heads). The stronghold isn't worth it when it comes to end game and time spent vs drops, I have just as much a chance to get the same drops from FP.

Message 10 of 28 (290 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help