I'm still baffled by level 1 champion squads...

by jokool_aid

Original Post

I'm still baffled by level 1 champion squads...

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Maybe my math isn't the best, but isn't it impossible to be at level 1 and have a win or finish high enough to be considered a champion? I know I've been champion before when I finish top three, but even then, the survival exp should at least get you to level 2, right? And I would assume you'd need a kill or two to be a champion, though, they may have used a different character in their last game, if they even played a game before this match. Edit: of note, I'm nearly level 400 right now...though, this is clearly a smurf account as champion here:

Apex Legends_20210324131619.jpg

Message 1 of 15 (830 Views)

Re: I'm still baffled by level 1 champion squads...

★★★ Pro
@jokool_aid Yeah, I have seen these too. I get a little bit excited that the game might be giving me a 'bot' / 'noob' lobby only to drop with Masters and Preds.

It doesn't really make sense, I am sure its just a glitch in the games loading and not getting players accurate data.
Message 2 of 15 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@jokool_aid Well it is possible. Remember, it takes a lvl 1 the same amount of xp as a 499 to grow 1 lvl.

When I was lvl 1 I was also in at least 1 champion squad. That one I was the champion. Remember, you don’t have to actually win to become champion. Just placing high & getting good kills when others have not won can make you the champion. It’s not often nowadays but it still happens.
Message 3 of 15 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-Q

I don't think that's true, man. I read somewhere on the Apex/EA site that the XP requirements starts low, and caps at 18K at lvl 58. I could be wrong, but I do remember it taking less XP when I was low level.

As for the lvl 1 thing, I'm pretty sure it's a visual glitch. When I was playing on the Switch, I noticed my level didn't always update right away, even after I leveled up. I've seen the same thing happen with the battle pass lvl badge as well, in previous seasons.

Message 4 of 15 (779 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 The 18k to 54k is true. But the same is at low lvls. It’s all how fast you do it each week. Every week at reset (tuesday or wednesday depending on your region) everybody’s base amount for lvl gainage is 18K. So a lvl 1 is obv gonna be at 18K because they haven’t lvled, but same for a lvl 499 whom hasn’t played since the reset.

It can def B a visual glitch, but my takeaway was more that a lvl 1 can be the actual champion of games (especially in bot or lower lvl games) :P
Message 5 of 15 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jokool_aid Nah level 1 can definitely be Champion. If they won their last match or something. There are a ton of smurfs in the game. I have been paired with level 5's in lobbies that had 4 Master dive trails and 5 pred trails come out of the drop ship. The level 5 was definitely a smurf he got 2 squad wipes almost on his own. He also asked me to look for 99/wingman. No legit noob is going to go near a wingman.

Most of the legit noobs I run into try and run a sniper with a 6x or 4x-8x on console lobbies. They have that COD strategy load-out mentality.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 15 (748 Views)

★ Expert

I won the first-ever game of Apex Legends I played.

I say 'I' - I didn't do a thing, just ran around following my TMs and hiding whenever someone shot at me.

Message 7 of 15 (735 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Here a smurf, there a smurf, everywhere a smurf smurf! 

Message 8 of 15 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Marge010 Old gargamel had a farm smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf. And on that farm he no smurf cause he couldn’t catch ‘em all.

POKESMURF!
Message 9 of 15 (712 Views)

Champion
@jokool_aid I won my first game of apex ever without doing anything. 🤷‍♂️
Message 10 of 15 (710 Views)