I'm newish to the game.

by OldHunterLight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'm newish to the game.

★★ Novice

So I've been playing for almost 2 seasons, my k/d is extremely low .71, and I get paired against preds and masters? I thought this game had sbmm or mmr, I'm nowhere near as good as players like those, I play on steam, player level 90 in total.

Another question, will there be cross progression? One of the latest updates made apex stutter a lot on my pc, I even lowered every setting to low and even reduced the resolution, I've been wondering if there will be cross progression so I can move to ps5 where lobbies actually feel my skill level and that way I don't have to buy every character again + skins

Message 1 of 9 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I'm newish to the game.

★★ Pro
@OldHunterLight Dude I honestly believe sbmm isn't implimented or adjusted correctly on certain accounts. Same happened to me, I sucked bad in the beginning but improved after 2 seasons. Had a couple good seasons after that and pushed my kd up to about 1.3 I think with acceptable win rates by my own standards. From there the lobbies were just crazy, my kd fell to something like 0.7 per season and a 0.8 on lifetime as a result and just never recovered. Recently things are starting to feel better, but I'm not sure if the game is just throwing me a bone or if it will stay that way. I hope they fix this.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (364 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@OldHunterLight Dude I honestly believe sbmm isn't implimented or adjusted correctly on certain accounts. Same happened to me, I sucked bad in the beginning but improved after 2 seasons. Had a couple good seasons after that and pushed my kd up to about 1.3 I think with acceptable win rates by my own standards. From there the lobbies were just crazy, my kd fell to something like 0.7 per season and a 0.8 on lifetime as a result and just never recovered. Recently things are starting to feel better, but I'm not sure if the game is just throwing me a bone or if it will stay that way. I hope they fix this.
Message 2 of 9 (365 Views)

Champion
@OldHunterLight What is your win rate? Are you playing on your own? More than KD has an effect on sbmm.

They've said cross progression in 2022.
Message 3 of 9 (354 Views)

@hayhor I thought it was on the "coming soon" area, is 2022 official? 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 9 (322 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper One of the devs recently said 2022.
Message 5 of 9 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

Out of 450 games I've played I've won 9, on duos, I have never played trios besides ranked.

Message 6 of 9 (283 Views)

★★ Novice

Happy to hear that you are getting better matches.

Hopefully I start getting better matches as well soon, maybe with the new update I might start getting fairer matches.

Message 7 of 9 (281 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldHunterLight good luck Standard smile
Message 8 of 9 (265 Views)

@OldHunterLight duo's appears to have more serious premades than trios imo. Might have better luck playing pub trios? 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 9 (202 Views)