I'm just adding my voice to the pile; but Origin NEEDS dark mode.

by DrakeSteele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'm just adding my voice to the pile; but Origin NEEDS dark mode.

★★ Novice

I have a condition called "keratocornus" where my corneas are cone-shaped.  I cannot get my insurance to approve the hard contacts/transplants that I need to see properly, and glasses and other aids do nothing, as the condition basically makes smears out of anything of high ambient brightness.  I tend to have to run everything in low brightness, high-contrast and/or dark mode to be able to read/see things properly (having to often squint even then) and the Origin launcher is absolutely blinding for me to use.  Please, PLEASE, integrate a dark or inverted-color mode for the Origin client for those of us with photosensitive eyeballs.

Thank you.

- Drake Steele

Long-time customer.

Message 1 of 5 (373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I'm just adding my voice to the pile; but Origin NEEDS dark mode.

Community Manager

Hey @DrakeSteele thanks for taking the time to post and share your feedback with us.

I am not aware of any plans for a dark mode version of Origin but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @DrakeSteele thanks for taking the time to post and share your feedback with us.

I am not aware of any plans for a dark mode version of Origin but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen many posts on the forum here that are requesting a dark mode feature... I would hope the Origin dev team would look at the popularity of this feature in operating systems and apps and realize that there's a legitimate need for this fairly easily-implemented feature in Origin's clients.  Thanks again for kicking this request up the chain.

-Drake.

Message 3 of 5 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, maybe not as sever but for the love of god please as a dark mode. 

Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, we will pass the feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (262 Views)