I'm in the SBMM Test Region

by DankToliet

Original Post

Re: I'm in the SBMM Test Region

★★★★★ Pro
@AcidicSoda44031 I don't think premade matchmaking has changed anywhere. They still use the skill rating of the highest rated player in the party to find a lobby for you. So if that gap is big, you are either way out of your league or expected to hard carry. I usually feel both as I'm out of my league AND unable to carry anybody. I'm probably right on the line between 2 of their skill buckets. Neither feel good most of the time, TBH.
Message 21 of 33 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just played my first regular BR match since the update.  Duo queued in trios.  We got demolished off drop in an unpopular spot by a three stack all with 4K 20 bomb and highest tier teamwork badges. Can't say that felt balanced, fair, or fun to me.

I'm not given to tin foil hat thinking, like some in this game, but I sure did feel like I was there as cannon fodder.

Message 22 of 33 (434 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 You aren't in the region that changed.
Message 23 of 33 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@pandareno1999 As well you should because that is EOMM. You'll get 8 - 10 matches similar to that and then get a game where everything works for the W. Give the crack addict just enough to keep them hooked.
Message 24 of 33 (410 Views)

@AcidicSoda44031 

Played a few rnds of ranked last night and the MM balance is way better than it has ever been so far from that 5-6 game experience last night. 

I also played a couple of rounds of hardcore mode last night and it is great.

Ran Vantage and she is just spot on in the mode with the built in two shot knock sniper and then push with your to short ranged weapons to finish teams.

I literally destroyed a whole team and a half with snipers mark and an ult-excellarant. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 25 of 33 (399 Views)

@NickBeam27 

Then don't be.

Not bragging just stating the obvious advantage Vantage brings to the mode. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 26 of 33 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Asmodeus566cant confirm the MM working better than before, pretty much like it was. ok i had some good matches back2back (with good i mean not wins, but actually teammates that at least tried to make it, not dropping in suicide spots and having pretty similar dmg output) and i thought : oh yea, is the new system already in place ? but pretty fast changed to the same crap we are complaining about since months/years , with me pulling 1K+ and the wraith not more than 50 (in 16minutes of playtime ...) the next match! Sorry thats not what i expect from the new MM, dealing me a 50dmg wraith ...

Either its not active yet, or ... it still is a rigged system ... 

Message 27 of 33 (350 Views)

★★★ Pro
@HappyHourSumwur yeah Max was way higher than me. I did not manage to kill anything in the first several games. You know what's funny? I finally got my first kill with Valk after I turned AA off, and downed another with a Wingman of all things. It was funny lol.
Message 28 of 33 (275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DankTolietare you on EU or NA server?

Message 29 of 33 (242 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayhor You see man, this is the issue with sbmm - people expect that we all should be the same regardless of skill. Why tho? Do you, or anyone actually have the mental strength to constantly play your exact equal? I don't. Imagine a daily fist fight against yourself, regardless of how much you train to excel and your opponent always catching up to you regardless. Do you realize how hard that is? People think this makes things easier, but in reality it does not, in the long run. I do not think it fair for a product to plan your experience based on past experience. Why be harder if you are better, or easer if you are worse? Why not just "be" and leave it up to the players, like in custom lobbies? Those are the most fun, if you've ever played in one. With your narrative, no one would ever earn the 20k badge...think about that. New players you say?....well, play more to get better imo, it comes with time. That is how things work in pretty much every aspect of life - more = more, why interfere with that via a video game to gain playtime / money from it's players? New players should win less. School of hard knox situation I guess Standard smile Balanced is only good for Ranked imo, that is literally why it exists.

And also, sorry if I came across as hostile in previous posts. I don't mean to, honestly, just trying to get a point across but with the wrong wording.
Message 30 of 33 (208 Views)