I'm done with apex until something is done about netcode and no reg.

by CausticMainLol

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'm done with apex until something is done about netcode and no reg.

★★★ Novice

Title says it all. Im sick of being behind solid cover and being seemingly aimbotted through a rock wall or door. Weapons are busted and need done right (aka havoc and 99.) And im sick of getting no regs because they decide multiple fights. I've been playing since season one but this is just trash. Won't be back until it's fixed.

Message 1 of 18 (741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I'm done with apex until something is done about netcode and no reg.

[ Edited ]

Yha, the hit-reg looks to be fixed, some people still have some hit reg issues but could maybe also the prediction error.
I don't have the connection issues but they are improving the stability. Hit reg is fixed again now the next thing on the  Dev Tracker.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 18 (682 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@CausticMainLol I'm not sure how much can be done about the netcode, it seems to be pretty unavailable across online games. I get shot through doors also, but being a Caustic main myself - like you - I feel like we'll see it happen to us a lot more because we often use doors to try and toss traps through and close again quickly etc. It's just one of those things.

As for reg, I thought that was fixed now, or no?..
Message 2 of 18 (733 Views)

Champion

@Littlxr  I think the NoReg may be a user specific issue for this guy, the second attempt did actually fix the issue that was causing widespread no reg.

As for the netcode..

I think like you said, it is what it is lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 18 (718 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I haven't had no reg issues since the second fix. Connections have been pretty good for me as well, even playing on UK servers.
Message 4 of 18 (714 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  Yeah same. Apart from the occasional rubber band match the servers have been fine.

Being shot through doors and around corners will probably always be prevalent in this game though so i've just accepted it and moved on. XD

Message 5 of 18 (703 Views)

★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Agree. The thing with being shot around corners etc, is that it's a trade-off. It happens for us an equal amount too, but we'd arguably prefer not to notice that, or consider it. Because on OUR screen, the guy we shot was still there, but on HIS, he'd hidden behind cover to heal.

That is just how it works. It takes time for our personal movements to reach the server and perform the action in game. Milliseconds no doubt, but enough to take a bullet before we've "moved". It'll be a very long time before online gaming can eliminate such minuscule discrepancies I feel. If ever.
Message 6 of 18 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yha, the hit-reg looks to be fixed, some people still have some hit reg issues but could maybe also the prediction error.
I don't have the connection issues but they are improving the stability. Hit reg is fixed again now the next thing on the  Dev Tracker.

Message 7 of 18 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Zeelmaekers Hey zeel is a hero now! Yey ;D
Message 8 of 18 (657 Views)

Champion

@Zeelmaekers  Congrats!

Guess that means we may have some more champions in the near future eh? Hmmmmm Tongue out

Message 9 of 18 (592 Views)

Hehe Thanks, Let's not go offtopic tho.
That's a discussion for another time Wink
(Sad thing, I don't show up in the XP lists anymore but I don't care about XP, already have more than enough Tongue out)

Message 10 of 18 (586 Views)