Re: I'm done playing until they create ranking

by addz-120

Original Post

I'm done playing until they create ranking

I'm done playing until they come out with a solo ranking system. I don't like playing with people I don't know. You have to deal with loot hogs, people who just run off an do their own thing or other difficult to play with people. 

Solo is absolutely horrible for casual gamers and what the gaming community would other wise call a noob. You get dumped into matches with people who are in the top 20-25% or so. What fun is that for someone who's skills place them in the bottom 25%? It's not fun and it's why so many people are leaving EA games entirely. 

If the ranking system is something simple, I still won't play anymore. It needs to be based on the players stats and the numbers they put up, not just points that accumulate for ranks. I understand it might mean longer wait times for getting into matches, but I would rather wait 5 minutes to get into a match and have that match be fun and competitive for me. Then be dumped into 5-10 matches in a row in which I'm getting slaughtered by pro gamers. The pro gamers might cry rivers about having to wait. But how do you expect to attract and retain new gamers/players by using them at target practice for pros? You won't...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 9 (560 Views)

★ Pro
@DarthValtrex IDK what your talking about I LOVE SOLO.. way better than teams with looting hogs and kids that wont shut up. Everyone is different
Message 2 of 9 (516 Views)

★★★ Expert

I'm also kind of a casual / noob Apex player, with less than 1k kills for all legends combined and a kdr below 0.5. Last week, I had a duel in solo with a Wraith veteran, sitting at 16k+ kill. I had purple armor, an unkitted havoc and hemlok as weapons, while she had blue armor, using an alternator with disruptor hopup and probably a p2020 with hammerpoint hopup. We fought for more than a minute, chasing each other near around the southern wall of artillery and Wraith was like 1 hp when she finally downed me. It was really great to feel that aim is not everything in this game and that the difference in skill is not necessarily that difficult to overcome. Hemlok and Havoc are not among my favourite weapons in Apex, but even so, an energy mag of any level would've changed the outcome in my favor.

Message 3 of 9 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe Yeah I am a bad player and sometimes I get lucky too and many more times get destroyed... so... your argument is kinda invalid.
Message 4 of 9 (475 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Huntinwabits no, he want ranked solo no normal solo
Message 5 of 9 (418 Views)

That is the appeal of solo. But it needs to at the very least have 4-6 ranks. Top 25% of players play with top 25% players, bottom 25% play with bottom 25%.

I’ll play team matches so long as it’s with people I know. I won’t do the random teams anymore. I don’t mind noobs and showing them the map, loot, guns. That can be fun. But I don’t like the loot hogs and other llayers who cN’t grasp what tram work is

Message 6 of 9 (404 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree..... playing as medic is cancer, you call your drop and the team just thinks of this is ALL FOR MEEEEEEEE

Message 7 of 9 (394 Views)

I really don't mind sharing loot as lifeline. I play her frequently she's one of my favorite characters to play. If my team can benefit from the drop cool. the loot hogs I'm talking about are the people you drop into an area with, you have no gun and they take both of the guns in front of them... Really? You couldn't leave me one? I then end up getting killed trying to stay away from the loot hog so I can find a gun.

Then there are the guys who hog loot and won't even tell you when they drop stuff they don't need anymore. I just leave matches now when I'm teamed with loot hogs. They can have fun by themselves. Eventually they'll figure out why no one wants to play with them.

Message 8 of 9 (333 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's not that I don't mind but if we all have blue shields and there's a purple in the drop it should be mine first, the drop is a feature of my character.

After that, yeah knock themselves out.

Your point about the guns is bang on Wink Often people just EAT all the stuff in the same building as you then you end up dead because they didn't share. I always mark the building i'm going to, so it infuriates me that someone storms in with me looting it all. It's not efficient at all and incredibly stupid.

This is why playing with people from specific cultures is beneficial. Some cultures believe in a "dog eat dog" and would (if they could) shoot you and take your gear to further their own game. Some don't ping loot like you say and others will not give health when someone's is low and they have no meds.

Germans are the best players, they always play the same style. I.e when they loot they meet up and discard infront of each other everything they don't need and the group is stronger. Many groups i played with that were german always say "has everyone got atleast one shield battery" etc they check the group is strong, that's co-operation at it's finest.

Message 9 of 9 (305 Views)