I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

by SxyAlphaBeastNJ

Original Post

Re: I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

★ Guide

@warslag 

So let me get this straight. WINS doesn't fit with the scheme of the banner in a game based on winning, but how many voices you hear does? How far you traveled with a grappling hook? How much damage you prevented with a dome? How many traps you scanned? even "How many items you dropped for squadmates" (yes that's an actual stat for Lifeline)? 

You are seriously telling me that those things are more important then how many wins you have?

As for as 

"Clearly Apex is about both killing enemies and winning"

So in your opinion they are equal, and the game promotes both..  Hmmm interesting concept, lets look at facts tho.

lets look at Lifeline for a moment, and what stats are available to be displayed, which we will break down.

WIN STATS

Season 1 wins

Games played (gonna put this here)

Times placed in top3

Wins with full squad

Now lets look at her miscellaneous stats

Revive Shield Blocked Damage

Items dropped

Drone healing

Revives

So currently there are 4 stats based off of games/wins and 4 miscellaneous stats. Seems even enough so far Now lets look at all the stats that relate to damage/kills.

Kills

Winning Kills

Kills as Kill Leader

Damage Done

Headshots

Finishers

Pistol Kills

Shotgun Kills

SMG Kills

AR Kills

LMG Kills

Sniper Kills

Care Package Weapon Kills

Thats 13 stats for just kills, more the 3 times the amount of Win stats.. And remember, there isn't even a "GAMES WON" stat, just "SEASON 1 WINS"...

You guys need to stop making comments without them being supported by FACTS... 

@stickGO 

And what if I have no friends that play the game... In reality, I did, but majority of them have long since quit APEX.. But if this was a "Team Based Game", why would I have to use a 3rd party tool to find people that actually want to win? 

"As for the game not being about winning is wrong. Winning is the whole basis of the game"

I point you to the stats I just displayed for Warslag

"people go for kills to eliminate the opposition and claim a win"

How in the word is 10 teams dropping in skulltown "trying to win"? That is pretty much the complete opposite of trying to win. Also, the players dropping there do so EVERY GAME, they get a few kills and then die. 

Albert Einstein said it best 

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

That’s what makes the fun. What fun is a game in which you skulk around and just fight the last squad."

No where in any post have I said "don't fight. Hide."..  Yes, this is a battle royal game. If you encounter another team, fight.. However, landing BRIDGE or even BUNKER, an area that does not have the loot to support an entire squad is NOT trying to win. Strategy wins games, not insanity, not hot drops..  So there is absolutely no one on the face of this earth that can logically say this game is about winning. If it was, you wouldn't see premade squads that have a player with 100+ wins under their belt. I have gone days where I have seen the same "Champion" 3 or 4 games. 

SOmetimes I believe the people on these forums say things just to get a rise out of other people. 

Message 41 of 45 (221 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ  You're obsessed with stats banners. You're like Gypsy Rose-Lee trying to read the future of Apex but from stats banners instead of tea leaves.

However, I think that Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the modern Olympic Games, said it best when he said;

"The important thing in the Apex Games is not to win, but to take part; the important thing in life is not triumph, but the struggle; the essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well. To spread these principles is to build up a strong and more valiant and, above all, more scrupulous and more generous humanity."

Nerd

Message 42 of 45 (214 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag 

LOL and not 1 comment of how theres a 3 to 1 ratio of more KILL stats than WIN stats... LOL yes, this game is about winning.. That's laughable. 

Message 43 of 45 (208 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJSo if they issue some stats banners with win stats on them will you then change your theory? Ridiculous.

Message 44 of 45 (202 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sir, I admire your dedication to your theory. But your logic is very skewed and so I am done trying to help you understand. Before I quit visiting this forum I do want to do something for you. I’m 17 thought I should let you know that you need avoid fallacies when arguing a point. They work against you and if your not sure what they are I suggest you look them up. You over generalized, used improper grammar, and used a red herring. Have a good rest of the day @SxyAlphaBeastNJ 

Message 45 of 45 (195 Views)