I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

by SxyAlphaBeastNJ

Original Post

I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

★ Guide

Seeing as you guys can care less about what we, the community, want. I have decided to become a quitter. Yes, that's right, the person that complained about people quitting is now doing it.

Not going to lie, it is liberating. To get matched up with horrible teammates, them being the jump master, knowing the HOT DROP is coming and then BANG!!! out of the plane and heading to skulltown. Watching the jumpmaster fumble with his controller, knowing he is clueless on how to properly drop. and there we land. I grab a 2020 and start my hunt. Knock one. Rip another and BANG I'm down..  Crawl towards my attacker, mocking him to end me. He lines up his shot with his fully equipped peacekeeper and BANG. I am dead...

QUIT

Since Respawn/EA want their players to focus on KILLS rather than WINS, if they want to ignore the need for solo's, if they would rather punish people instead of finding a way to encourage them to use teamwork and strategy to actually win, then I might as well join the masses in quitting.

Yea I know, the big bad 5 minute BAN is coming soon.. And when it does, I'll still quit. And when I get banned, I'll go play BO4 multiplayer for 5 mins, then come back and do it again. At some point I'll jump into a Blackout game, that should kill 20 minutes + easy. It may even get to the point that I play 2 or 3 Blackout matches (Solo of course) in a row. That's easily over an hour of time wasted. If I squad up with my friends, then I am set to play Blackout for the entire day.

I may even drift over to PUBG to get a good laugh and spend 10 to 15 minutes battling a storm.. Lets face it, it's better then dealing with teammates that have no clue what they are doing. LOL..

But I want to thank Respawn/EA for their hard work and effort in changing the mindset of players. Helping them to see that even tho you are horrible in a game, have no teamwork ability, zero strategy and lacking in basic skill. That you too can be popular if you just hot drop, get 1 to 3 kills and then die. I mean lets face it, thats a lot EASIER then actually getting better at a game. 

And just think, if you keep striving to create this mindset, at some point, your 50 Million player base with shrink to a meer percentage of that. So you guys keep up the good work, and I will continue to explore this wonderful world of QUITTING...  

Message 1 of 45 (1,531 Views)

Re: I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

★★ Guide

By implementing a quitter penalty, respawn has basically put a band aid on a gunshot wound. They are not addressing the real issue. 

What the game desperately needs is a solo mode, yet instead of adding this they would rather penalize people who dont want to deal with the nonsense that inevitably occurs when playing squads

Really sad if you ask me. I would be fine if they had this penalty after adding solo mode but without solos, its just their attempt at forcing people to conform and make us play the way they want us to play, not the way we want to play

Well regardless of the penalty i dont like playing with noobs or idiots so im still going to leave matches as will many others. This system is going to hurt the game more than help it 

Message 2 of 45 (1,506 Views)

★★ Guide

They could add a ingame LFG system and match people by criterias like how they like to drop, level, skill level, language etc.

Message 3 of 45 (1,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Pantleon wrote:

They could add a ingame LFG system and match people by criterias like how they like to drop, level, skill level, language etc.

There is Discord servers for this Standard smile

Also im ok with leaver penalty but it wont fix anything. If you leave the game early (Before full squad wipe or losing your banner), game should not count kills, damages, XPs or anything. So kill farmers can no longer do "jump > get 3 kill > killed > leave > repeat" bulls**t.

Message 4 of 45 (1,461 Views)

★ Guide

that leaver penalty gonna be suck ,  thanks to stupid kids . 

Message 5 of 45 (1,445 Views)

★ Guide

leaver penalty will do absolutely nothing. 5 Minutes? I'll go walk my dog, go to the bathroom, make something to eat, get a drink, or play another game...  There are countless things to do in 5 minutes.. And I hate to break it too you, if Apex was to "not give stats to leavers", well consider the 50 million players just a faint memory.. You think the culture that Respawn has created will put up with that? Not on your life. 

Respawn focused on KILLS. So that's what the players adapted too. Lets look at 1 simple fact.. If you were in game, could you really how many wins you actually have? I'm not talking "Season 1 WIns" or even "Wins with full squad", I mean total number of wins with any given character?  Nope, you can't. That's because Respawn wanted to focus their game for the hot droppers, the kill mongers.. Those with the ability to pull a trigger and kill 1, 2 maybe 3 people.  Not the person out to win the game. 

Battle royal (plural battles royal, also royale)

traditionally refers to a fight involving many combatants that is fought until only one fighter remains standing. ... Within combat sports and sports entertainment, the term has a specific meaning, depending on the sports being discussed.

Someone just forgot to tell the derps, I mean Dev's at Respawn to focus stats on "until only one fighter remains standing"..  Instead the game is tailored to the 12 year old kid with moms credit card that can get a kill or two and then their dead.

So taking those precious KILL stats away and these guys would leave Apex in a heartbeat..  

I tell you, Apex is in for a rough downward spiral... 

Take my advice, just drop, and the moment you die, leave the game.. 

Message 6 of 45 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree it's completely Respawns fault. There is no Solos, no matchmaking, no ranked no incentive to win and play a game out to the end. All of this is having a detrimental effect on the community. People don't want to play with stupid unskilled players why are Respawn forcing people to play with these type of players. It also cuts both ways, why should low skill new players play against longtime skilled players and skilled premades. No one wins with the current model it's ridiculously flawed.

The game needs substantial changes to address these flaws not just quality of life and fluff added to the game.

Message 7 of 45 (1,373 Views)

★ Guide

@BoaFang7 

ACTUALLY playing with/against skilled players is good for low level players.. Back when I was the role model player, I actually started matches off asking my random low level teammates if they know how to do certain things. I felt that educating them only helped my agenda... Also, going against skilled players would only sharpen your skill as a player..

As for match making, that really isn't going to work.. If you have a kid that has hot dropped 17,263,716,736,216,378,213,178,631 times and got enough kills to make it to level 100, they would be teamed with a player that has made it to top 3 countless times based off of skill and strategy.. If you were to actually measure their skill levels, the kid would be WAYYYY down the list compared to the other player.. So what do you base the match making on? Kills? Wins? Time alive? There are too many variable to make "Match Making" work...

There is only 1 answer here, and that is SOLO's

Lets look at the top 3 reasons people quit..

1) They want to hot drop, but yet lack the skill to close the deal

2) They are matched with lower level players, so to them their team is horrible

3) Someone took "Their Character", so quitting is their way of throwing a tantrum..

Solo solves all 3 of those issues...  And for some reason the Dev's can't see that..  

Message 8 of 45 (1,358 Views)

★★ Pro

@ShadoWawker wrote:

By implementing a quitter penalty, respawn has basically put a band aid on a gunshot wound. They are not addressing the real issue. 

What the game desperately needs is a solo mode, yet instead of adding this they would rather penalize people who dont want to deal with the nonsense that inevitably occurs when playing squads

Really sad if you ask me. I would be fine if they had this penalty after adding solo mode but without solos, its just their attempt at forcing people to conform and make us play the way they want us to play, not the way we want to play

Well regardless of the penalty i dont like playing with noobs or idiots so im still going to leave matches as will many others. This system is going to hurt the game more than help it 

Not only solo mode but an unranked queue and ranked queue based on avg placement. 

Message 9 of 45 (1,341 Views)

★★ Pro

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ wrote:

leaver penalty will do absolutely nothing. 5 Minutes? I'll go walk my dog, go to the bathroom, make something to eat, get a drink, or play another game...  There are countless things to do in 5 minutes.. And I hate to break it too you, if Apex was to "not give stats to leavers", well consider the 50 million players just a faint memory.. You think the culture that Respawn has created will put up with that? Not on your life. 

Respawn focused on KILLS. So that's what the players adapted too. Lets look at 1 simple fact.. If you were in game, could you really how many wins you actually have? I'm not talking "Season 1 WIns" or even "Wins with full squad", I mean total number of wins with any given character?  Nope, you can't. That's because Respawn wanted to focus their game for the hot droppers, the kill mongers.. Those with the ability to pull a trigger and kill 1, 2 maybe 3 people.  Not the person out to win the game. 

Battle royal (plural battles royal, also royale)

traditionally refers to a fight involving many combatants that is fought until only one fighter remains standing. ... Within combat sports and sports entertainment, the term has a specific meaning, depending on the sports being discussed.

Someone just forgot to tell the derps, I mean Dev's at Respawn to focus stats on "until only one fighter remains standing"..  Instead the game is tailored to the 12 year old kid with moms credit card that can get a kill or two and then their dead.

So taking those precious KILL stats away and these guys would leave Apex in a heartbeat..  

I tell you, Apex is in for a rough downward spiral... 

Take my advice, just drop, and the moment you die, leave the game.. 

They definitely shouldn't give stats to quitters.   when you quit on me.  and I solo to top 3,  you shouldn't get that stat.  nor should you be ranked accordingly,  if they ever add rankings.

Message 10 of 45 (1,339 Views)