Re: I'm a quitter (and it's Respawns/EA's fault)

by EvoCyberNation

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ 

"The only way to deal with the "I have more kills, which means I am better than anyone else" players is to embarrass them publicly."

What a completely ridiculous and pompous thing to say. It is also the root of everything you have said. It's your resentment towards other players, evident in that statement and others you have made in this thread, about the choices they make and how they play, that you are using to justify quitting matches.

When you quit matches it is not the gameplay designers' fault because they have designed Apex a certain way. Apex is in fact designed so players can have a variety of choices open to them for what they want to do. But if you don't want to hot-drop you can instead split after launching, go wherever you like, and play Apex quite happily. I do it all the time.

Just because you're piqued by players dropping into Skull Town it doesn't mean that it's the designers' or the players' fault when you keep quitting matches just because you don't like it when players hot-drop.

You could just land somewhere else and play on your own. Or make some like-minded friends and play with them.

But your solution is to hold Respawn to ransom by saying you're quitting matches. Because basically you don't want to hot-drop, that hot-drop players are ignoring you, and that you're not getting your own way.

Message 31 of 45 (461 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA Moderators! How you guys can read all these comments? I got headache once i went to 3rd page!

Message 32 of 45 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@TheUnknownMsx wrote:
i dont like the idea to punish someone for leaving after he died, sometimes there is a situation where u know ur team will die or they just run leaving u there.. so why should i lose my kills and dmg done?

If your team leave you there all you need to do is w8 for 2 min. after your banner time out you are free to leave without any penalty... people are currently abusing it for kill farming... half of the players jumping on skull town just for kill farming. thirty people die in the first 3 minutes of the game. This situation affects the players who play to win the game. 

It won't be implemented as you say though. it's either going to be the way it is now or A penalty for leaving until your team dies or your team's champion. You can't Expect Respawn to go back in hundreds of thousands of code just so they can implement what you want [ Waiting until your player is grayed out]. No sane person or company would take that time to do that. You know how much time, money and resources Respawn would have to use to "fix" it the way a small percentage wants it to be. 

Not to mention all the bugs and issues that are going to arise from trying to implement this into the game. No one would be happy, with the out come and there be a lot of people leaving the game then you have a dead game.

Message 33 of 45 (422 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see what you are saying, don’t get me wrong people quitting can be a bit frustrating. But instead of just doing nothing to find teammates. Take your time find a squad you can consistently play with or join a discord an LFG, there are so many different ways to find a good squad. And to say that EA is not encouraging teamwork is just being ignorant. They have implemented a way to inv your teammates from last game if you enjoyed playing with them. And the whole point of not having solos is because the game is built around teamwork, there can’t be more than one of the same champion because Respawn and EA want you to pick different champions and use each ability in tandem with another. They put a way to respawn your teammates in the game so that you can get your squad back. I can keep going on but I’ve gotten my point across.

Message 34 of 45 (411 Views)

★ Guide

@stickGO 

Your point across? Let me ask you something, that underlines my point about "people play for kills, not wins". Can you tell me exactly how many wins you have overall with any given character? No, you can't.

You can tell me how many kills with full squad you have, and even how many times you have been in the top 3, but not how many wins..  And yet, you can give me an exact number, in fact it's the FREE stat you can display on your player card, of how many kills you have...

What Respawn built was a game that people can show off their kills, and not be judged on not having any wins.. Which is what a BATTLE ROYAL is all about. Until they address this, this game can NEVER be considered a "Team Based" game or "the game is built around teamwork".. And the fact that you are telling me to use a different program to find real "teammates" just underlines that point.

So no, no one is being "ignorant", we are facing facts. Facts that most players don't want to hear. 

Message 35 of 45 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I occasionally like to do hot drops just to get warmed up, or just cause its fun sometimes. But I play this game to get wins, not kills, so I will stick it out and wait to see if I can get respawned when I'm downed or killed. Had a game yesterday with randoms, one gets downed right away and quits, my other teammate and I go on to win the game. So I think it's worth it to wait it out. 

And, honestly, I don't think solo's would be that great in this game. 

Message 36 of 45 (395 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I feel that all of the FPSers, online, are getting boring to me.  There is a mess load of questionable players and I'm not in the mood to face them.  Until proven guilty, questionable players are a consistent issue.  I was playing BFV, but I was getting tired of playing questionable players there.  My skill isn't the best, but when obvious cheaters come out and ruin a game...  It's not fun.  Then you have a player that lives to play one game, and that's not enjoyable...  I just can't play a game consistently anymore.

MMOs are boring, so that's out of the picture.

The only thing I'm enjoying is new games, that aren't online, and has some really interesting story behind it.  Crap, I still play Assassin's Creed!  I find that more enjoyable than FPSers and online MMOs.

GG gaming companies...  Especially online!  You're losing your player's interests...  You guys need to pick it up.

Message 37 of 45 (388 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is a way to find teammates in apex, it’s your friends list. It actively tells you who is currently playing the game right then and there. However, a implemented LFG would be nice for people like say you who don’t have a solid squad to run with on a consistent basis. As for the game not being about winning is wrong. Winning is the whole basis of the game, people go for kills to eliminate the opposition and claim a win. Killing is literally exactly what your supposed to do in order to win. I’ll bet you that a very small percentage of people will say they are not going for a win. Of course people will go for kills. That’s what makes the fun. What fun is a game in which you skulk around and just fight the last squad. 

Message 38 of 45 (375 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ  So you really think that the existence of a kills stat banner and the omission of a wins stat banner means Apex is not about winning? Raised eyebrow That's completely daft. Clearly Apex is about both killing enemies and winning. The wins banner was probably left out because it just doesn't fit in with the scheme of the banners.

Message 39 of 45 (364 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 40 of 45 (355 Views)