I'm Sorry... WHAT? My team was TWO players!

by PearsonShoota

Original Post

I'm Sorry... WHAT? My team was TWO players!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Pressure Pier. Team Vanquish.

I was playing Team Vanquish and realized that I had only ever seen another zombie one time... I hit tab and saw that the reason the Plants had 10 kills and we had 0 was because the teams were 2 to 5. More people started to join by the time the plants had about 15 kills, and by 28 total plant kills we finally had balanced teams.

I changed to an Engineer and me and 2 Scientists held the point where you do the ops missions in Town Center. I placed my Heavy Helper and it did us no good--it kept shooting at the wall. So I placed it down again and the same thing happened.

Long story short it was an uphill battle that we so horribly lost.

Sidenote: Overheal needs to be removed.

Message 1 of 7 (530 Views)

Re: I'm Sorry... WHAT? My team was TWO players!

★★★★★ Expert

This is something I saw in both GW games that they have to do a better job of in BfN. Even if they have to use use forced team swapping, not super popular I know but better than 7-2 games, this needs to be addressed so that it doesn't happen.

Message 2 of 7 (501 Views)

★ Guide
@PearsonShoota Honestly I'd just leave, no point in playing a 2 v 5
Message 3 of 7 (460 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gowron248 Yeah but then I'm an * for ditching that one other guy.
Message 4 of 7 (446 Views)

★★★ Guide

Stop letting people switch teams when the game starts is a key. This problem has existed in both GW and GW2. It's not that hard for PopCan to turn off this option.

Message 5 of 7 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@agentevil007 You're right that if the teams are equal at the start of the match, no one should be able to switch. I do think the problem is made much worse in a mode like Team Vanquish though, which quite often has fairly small lobbies to start with - lots of people see there are so few players that they know it's going to take ages to get the 50 vanquishes & drop out. Or they see the opposing team go significantly ahead and drop out. Maybe in TV they should consider repopulating spaces from drop-outs with AIs until new players come in, like they introduced in Soil Survivors in GW2???
Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me last night too.

I played a TT game and was put on the zombie team. I couldn't switch cos the plants side was full. After the match was over I stayed for another one and this time I was put on the zombie side again but was able to switch to plants. When the game started it was 3 plants Vs. 5 zombies and it stayed like that for several minutes before all of a sudden, both teams suddenly filled up to the max.

Message 7 of 7 (368 Views)