Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I'm Sorry... WHAT? My team was TWO players!

by JetBlackCat72

Original Post

I'm Sorry... WHAT? My team was TWO players!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Pressure Pier. Team Vanquish.

I was playing Team Vanquish and realized that I had only ever seen another zombie one time... I hit tab and saw that the reason the Plants had 10 kills and we had 0 was because the teams were 2 to 5. More people started to join by the time the plants had about 15 kills, and by 28 total plant kills we finally had balanced teams.

I changed to an Engineer and me and 2 Scientists held the point where you do the ops missions in Town Center. I placed my Heavy Helper and it did us no good--it kept shooting at the wall. So I placed it down again and the same thing happened.

Long story short it was an uphill battle that we so horribly lost.

Sidenote: Overheal needs to be removed.

Message 1 of 7 (219 Views)

★ Pro

This is something I saw in both GW games that they have to do a better job of in BfN. Even if they have to use use forced team swapping, not super popular I know but better than 7-2 games, this needs to be addressed so that it doesn't happen.

Message 2 of 7 (192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PearsonShoota Honestly I'd just leave, no point in playing a 2 v 5
Message 3 of 7 (151 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Gowron248 Yeah but then I'm an * for ditching that one other guy.
Message 4 of 7 (137 Views)

★ Guide

Stop letting people switch teams when the game starts is a key. This problem has existed in both GW and GW2. It's not that hard for PopCan to turn off this option.

Message 5 of 7 (118 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@agentevil007 You're right that if the teams are equal at the start of the match, no one should be able to switch. I do think the problem is made much worse in a mode like Team Vanquish though, which quite often has fairly small lobbies to start with - lots of people see there are so few players that they know it's going to take ages to get the 50 vanquishes & drop out. Or they see the opposing team go significantly ahead and drop out. Maybe in TV they should consider repopulating spaces from drop-outs with AIs until new players come in, like they introduced in Soil Survivors in GW2???
Message 6 of 7 (107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me last night too.

I played a TT game and was put on the zombie team. I couldn't switch cos the plants side was full. After the match was over I stayed for another one and this time I was put on the zombie side again but was able to switch to plants. When the game started it was 3 plants Vs. 5 zombies and it stayed like that for several minutes before all of a sudden, both teams suddenly filled up to the max.

Message 7 of 7 (59 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help