I'll post this everyday

by VisualfEX

Original Post

I'll post this everyday

★★ Guide

So I've made a huge post awhile back which seems to be buried about a way to help prevent hackers/new players from ruining ranked matches, went and got approval from mods and all please check it out and leave feedback so Respawn can see it and hopefully implement some ideas. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/chd8g8/how_to_help_prevent_hackersfixing_ranked/

As most of you know Dev's don't check these forums for anything so anything we want them to see has to go through Reddit or twitter. Please upvote/comment and tell me your thoughts on what I've written. 

If most people don't care about the hacking situation then I guess don't check it out but they haven't even brought up half the ways to help prevent it from happening so I feel the post is something they need to see.

Message 1 of 24 (996 Views)

Re: I'll post this everyday

Community Manager

@VisualfEX 

Thank you for the feedback around cheating. The team is making steps to make improvements around combating this and their latest update surrounding cheating was posted a couple weeks ago here

The devs do actively check these forums and  receive the reports from us forum Community Managers on outstanding issues, requests, and overall feedback. There is no need to keep posting this every day as that will come off as spammy. We'll make sure they are aware this area of the game is a concern for the community here. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 24 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@VisualfEX wrote:

So I've made a huge post awhile back which seems to be buried about a way to help prevent hackers/new players from ruining ranked matches, went and got approval from mods and all please check it out and leave feedback so Respawn can see it and hopefully implement some ideas. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/chd8g8/how_to_help_prevent_hackersfixing_ranked/

As most of you know Dev's don't check these forums for anything so anything we want them to see has to go through Reddit or twitter. Please upvote/comment and tell me your thoughts on what I've written. 

If most people don't care about the hacking situation then I guess don't check it out but they haven't even brought up half the ways to help prevent it from happening so I feel the post is something they need to see.

Message 3 of 24 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please dont repost this every day. It is known.

Message 4 of 24 (862 Views)

★ Guide

I play console (ps4), I've can honestly say I've never seen a hacker for sure. And maybe only once or twice I've been  unsure about someone. 

Message 5 of 24 (828 Views)

★★ Expert
@iMedical first few weeks of apex, I think someone hacked the server or something because they made everyone stand still while the screen read some pretty mean stuff along with a background audio of someone laughing.

Honestly did not know whether to turn my xbox off or just keep playing, or trying to lmao very weird.
Message 6 of 24 (823 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hacking is pretty bad in this game.  I have seen it A LOT.  in fact anymore I have made it my mission to report every hacker I find and I have found  A LOT.  I know what to look for.  I am not proud of it.  But, I have hacked in games before.  But, not Apex legends....atleast not yet.  But, it's so bad you almost have to hack just enjoy yourself anymore.

But, basically the easiest way to spot it is by seeing there aimbot.  It is impossible to follow someone's every move.  So, if you are spectating someone and there cross hairs are litterally always on target....more than likely a hacker.  For reference I hacked back in Counter-strike 1.3...or maybe it was 1.6.  I did it because I was bored with the game.  I had played since 7.1 and the game was tired by then.  But, the hacks I had for CS could be programmed to target different zones in the body.  So, you could set it to focus on someones HEAD with tight tolerences...which is obvious.  You will almost always get banned/kick for that.  Or you could set it to someones body with loose tolerences.  This allows your crosshairs to shake a little bit.  It simulates a natural aim.  But, basically if you are spectating someone and there crosshairs are always in about the same point on the body even when the target is jumping back and forth...then yea it's like 99 percent a hack.  Also, they will snap to targets.  That is one of the other things I look for.  If you have a player and there shooting at one person and there cross hairs auto switch to another target more than likely a hack.  See the hack I used back in CS 1.6 could be turn on and off with a button.  So you could run around with it off and then you see a target and you push the button and instaskill.  But, while you have the button pushed it will snap to which ever target is closest to the crosshairs.  So you will see hackers focus one target and when another target gets close there cross hairs will snap to the other target.

Of course this isn't the only way to hack.  If you have a wall hack you can see everyone.  So, players that are always running to a location of an enemy I suspect of wall hacking.  But, it is difficult to catch people doing that.  In CS you would have people do it because there was a lot of stuff you could shoot through.  But, in this game not a lot of stuff can be shot through.  But, I have spotted a number of people with SUPERHUMAN(more than likely hacks) Grenade placement.

I personally do not like hacking.  I think this game would be a great game if the hacking was brought down to a minimum.  I do not think you will ever get rid of it completely.  But, yea right now I would say it's an easy 40 percent of the population.  I hit a hacker almost every single run.  If it was like 5 percent it would be more tolerable.  But, the game has so much potential without hacking.  Because, with hacking shootouts are so pointless.  But, with out hacking you can Dodge and duck and slide.  But, against a hacker all those moves are pointless because there aimbot just follows you everywhere.  Which is why I do not hack games unless I'm bored with it, because it makes the game pointless.  I only did it in CS because I was bored with it.  But, hacks make the game pointless.  Because you can literally push a button and become a GOD in the game and you do not need any skill.  With the right hacks you can push one button and run around in circles and still win.  So, it stops being fun IMO with hacks.  But there are so many people doing it that I have thought about downloading some skill just to compete.

Message 7 of 24 (784 Views)

★★ Expert

If anyone knows or has read any of @VisualfEX posts...he's a PC player like myself.  No sh!t some of you don't have a problem...cause you're on console. Everyone knows that there isn't a problem like there is on PC...Jesus man...senseless ppl. Why even post?  But you still make the comment "uhh, I play on console and haven't seen any hackers"....man if I was your father....just utter disappointment

It should be posted until an actual Dev replies, since they read the forums, and says " great idea! That would help the PC gaming community enjoy the game that much more with the changes we could make"

Heart

Message 8 of 24 (772 Views)

★★ Pro
@jumanjaydazed There are flat-earthers on here though who literally post that they laugh about people not believing in hacks for console.
Message 9 of 24 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There are hacks on Console.  Type it into youtube.  I forgot what it is called but there are some videos.  I play on PC though so I do not know how it is on console.  I assume it is less on console.  But yea IDK.  But, they do exist.

But, yea that is actually the point though.  All you have to do is google it or go on youtube to find hacks.  If EA would just hotfix the ones that are easy to get to it would probably knock the numbers of hackers down a great deal.  All they would have to do is google it like everyone else.  Download it on the company PCs and look at the code they use.

Message 10 of 24 (731 Views)