I kill 2 enemies and 1 kills me within a second...do I get credit for kill?

by 2042onthemove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I kill 2 enemies and 1 kills me within a second...do I get credit for kill?

★ Guide

Simple question. When you kill enemies and you get killed within a second by an enemy. Do you get credit for the kill?  From stats and etc. I don't think so.

Anybody know how this works?

I noticed that good teams travel in groups of 3 if not 4 and so you kill one and within a second someone else kills me.  Same with tanks, I kill tank and someone always kills me within a second after I killed the tank.

Anyone know what is going on here? [Cause that would definitely change my strategy in all of this.]

Message 1 of 5 (535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I kill 2 enemies and 1 kills me within a second...do I get credit for kill?

[ Edited ]

If it shows up on the screen (and/or your points on the scoreboard reflect the situation), you'll have gotten full credit for it.

Sometimes you can get killed mid-animation during melee takedown and not get credit because there is a sort of "activation" frame of sorts. Other times you'll see a dogtag pop up after you respawn so it can get a little weird.

Basically, the game knows when you get credit and when you don't. When in doubt though, feel free to post a video and ask around - someone will be able to figure it out under slow motion or something

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (485 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@2042onthemove Yep, you do. You should be able to check by keeping an eye on your kills from the scoreboard.

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 2 of 5 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]

If it shows up on the screen (and/or your points on the scoreboard reflect the situation), you'll have gotten full credit for it.

Sometimes you can get killed mid-animation during melee takedown and not get credit because there is a sort of "activation" frame of sorts. Other times you'll see a dogtag pop up after you respawn so it can get a little weird.

Basically, the game knows when you get credit and when you don't. When in doubt though, feel free to post a video and ask around - someone will be able to figure it out under slow motion or something

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 5 (486 Views)

★ Guide

I started checking more carefully after your responses. I am NOT given credit for some kills. I assume I am killed too quickly after my kill. So that does change strategy doesn't it?

So kill and get down and hit tank and do something out of the way quickly. You won't get the credit and die...even though it probably helps the team.

Message 4 of 5 (453 Views)

Hero
@2042onthemove The only time that would happen is if you didn't actually get the kill before being downed yourself (such as the example with melee animations) If you see the skull icon it'll count.

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 5 of 5 (441 Views)