Re: I just can't keep up with pubs anymore

by PeterN_UK

Original Post

I just can't keep up with pubs anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I stopped playing ranked since season 5, it's a mess, it's a horror story if you SoloQ and that's what I do since day one

Every season is getting harder because obviously, people are improving, specially if you love to grind the game.

But pubs, seriously I feel like I am in the f**king AGL's every time when I play, people Wattsoning and Causticing up in buildings (that's just the small part), sweaty try-hards who play like their life depends on it.

If I play trios I get faced with 3 stack players, if I play duos I get faced with 2 stack players, I guess the game thinks I'm some kind of God (which I'm not) because usually, the campions who I see in my games are mostly diamonds, masters, or predators and also I get killed by them, but I get bot teammates, under lvl100 who have no brains, drop hot, die under 1 minute, and I am alone, always alone, so thanks to this, which I know I shouldn't do, I started to develop a really bad habit, I just solo jump now, Yes I know I shouldn't, but I don't see any point of random teammates in this game, when I detach from them they land and they instantly die or die after maximum 5 minutes, and because of this, again, I know I shouldn't, but I judge every team member under the same hat sadly.

Even if I stay with my teammates, every game is so f**king sweaty that I have to dry my balls with a hairdryer after every game, and usually I have to 1v2 or 1v3 while my teammates are dead or knocked down and not to mention while I am doing this, I'm getting sniped from the back from 200 meters by another team, if I make it out alive guess what here comes the third party (I admit the third party depends on which map you play on but it happens more frequently on every map now)

I spent so much time to improve my aim which I did, I am f**king old but I practiced wall jumping as well so as zipline movement (which I still struggle with) just so I can hold my own because I have to depend on my self

I am not gonna surf in the LFG section I tried, didn't work, people who you find online come and go, same s**t different smell

Clubs are useless, again it favors the people who are friends or already a team, even if you join one if you get accepted, people are just there and do their own business

Damn I am so exausted now

Message 1 of 19 (3,409 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Renegade_Prime86

LOL @ "every game is so f**king sweaty that I have to dry my balls with a hairdryer after every game"

Apex defintely made me feel I have to mentally prepare myself beforehand. So much focus is needed that my adrenaline goes nuts before a push. Even intense sweat to loot a deathbox quickly before someone else comes along. That 15 min is huge mix of emotions!

People hot land for quick reward and easy to start another lobby anyway. What is worse is spending 10 mins looting to die in 5 secs, then the enemy has benefit of using you as loot tick.

Yea any PvP game can feel like that. COD Cold War is same formula this year but it sells well.

Hence some PvE games coop match making I come back to as a break for casual play. You can't play tense play all the time as it can be stressful and not relaxing!

Few games I still enjoy in between, mostly coop match making. Shouldn't stress with Apex as primary game every day. Find some other games to mix it up!

Killing Floor 2
Destiny 2
Borderlands 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Diablo 3
Warframe
BF 4 and 5

Message 2 of 19 (3,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PeterN_UKHow's Borderlands 3? I was really thinking about getting it.
With Diablo 3 I committed one big mistake, I bought one of the exclusive editions back in the day and it made the game extremely easy (Pay to win) and the only reason why I bought it to get the necromancer 

Message 3 of 19 (3,391 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Renegade_Prime86 Wait you need to use an external machine to let your sack dry?! I’m so hot from playing that I’m my own photosynthesis process... I excrete heat which causes my temperature to rise which produces copious amounts of liquid that rains from my armspits mostly towards deez nutz while already being so hot that it crystallizes the salt but the moisture gets soaked up again and process begins anew!

XD
Message 4 of 19 (3,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Renegade_Prime86Ranked is most certainly not what it was before. I find it roughly 40% harder to play ranked now than before. This is someone who mostly solo queued to pred series 3. I did have a team but the majority of my games was without people. Ranked now is like holy * what did I just walk into.

My bronze lobbies of course easy silver of course easy. Then I slid into gold and was like ohh ok this is the new plat. The lobby was quite sweaty compared to other seasons ranked. In fact I've not liked where rank has went since season 6. It is either full of smurfs and or cheaters pushing friends through.

Apex Legends if they do not find a way to limit the amount of smurfs the rank game will continue to be a joke. Force players to link their smurfs to their main accounts with a xxxx limit set on amount smurfs that can be made via HWID scans.

There is no reason to allow this to continue. Keep your game fair keep your game * free. Do you think Apex Legends your brand new level 10 tries ranked for first time and is steam rolled by a pred in disguise or a mastor or even a diamond. Why are you allowing people to create 10000 accounts to bully lobbies? Why are you allowing smurfs to destroy competitive game play? Why are there smurfs to even begin with? Why is there no systems in place preventing players from disrupting game play of new players granting them a uneasy feel about the game.

Say someone hits apex with a DDOS a powerful script one. This knocks all EA games offline by click of a button. Ok what does this do? It stops its players from being able to log on and play. It crashes your login servers possible the center it self.

How and why is this mentioned? Well you got smurfs this is why. They are literally hitting your new players with a ddos just in game form. They are creating unpleasant game play for your users. This brings you back to DDOS attack which can land someone in jail 3-5 years depending on how long the network was taken down. ( I am most certainly not saying any smurfs deserves to be in jail just a example of the 2 being compared both with same out come in the end of loss of revenue.)

So with this comes sure ddos is not happening preventing people from logging in. But instead they are preventing your new players to not want to log in. This is a loss of revenue to the company just as a DDOS attack is which is only reason people are put into jail for this action is lost of revenue for the company. How are players not wanting to log on and play any different? The only difference is they have the choice. Moral of the story a lot things can make your newer players experience much better.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 19 (3,381 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Renegade_Prime86 wrote:

I am not gonna surf in the LFG section I tried, didn't work, people who you find online come and go, same s**t different smell

Clubs are useless, again it favors the people who are friends or already a team, even if you join one if you get accepted, people are just there and do their own business with friends 

DamnI am so exausted now

This exactly. No matter how many people you friend, they won't come online the next day l, this is given or you will barely see them once every month lol. I have cycled between so many squads that it isn't worth anymore. Everyone quits Apex at some time. I still have some people from S2 that I played with regularly, but they didn't come online ever again.

The friends I started Apex with, they quit too during S1. The people I played with in S4, not to be seen after S5. I had made some new friends in S6, not seen online from the next day. It's funny when I clear my friend list. But you will find enough people preaching you to play with pre-made. After 2.2k hours of mostly solo-queue, it doesn't matter anymore. That's how it is meant to be. 

Message 6 of 19 (3,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BaldWraithSimpNow yall see why i play with some big streamers some even smaller. Their job revolves around playing Apex Legends. This to me is a godsend of players always online willing to play.

As for clubs it literally offered nothing at all that is any different now. In fact the minute the server patch was done I instantly made a club invited my team. Not a single request to even join Team A$$ Clap. =/ What good was this again? They added once again more content no one asked for nor wanted when there are game-changing concerns that need to be addressed first. Clubs are garbage. 

Message 7 of 19 (3,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@E9ine_ACIt certainly is very helpful if you play with other streamers.

Clubs? Never heard of them before lol. The most useless thing in this game by far or any game for that matter. It's just a long list of people that you see online, beyond that it has no use. It's good if you have some friends already, same as your in-game friend list but with a different name.

Besides it would be stupid to send request to random clubs, what if one of them has cheaters. Better to be safe than sorry. 

Message 8 of 19 (3,348 Views)

Hero
@BaldWraithSimp Is true to a point. They easily have logs in place to log player party members of xxx amount games I'm sure. This will show they shared no previous games together only when invited to club.

If this is not in place then innocents will be banned.

Message 9 of 19 (3,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Renegade_Prime86

How is Borderlands 3. Big question... but OK

Base game
- Campaign ~25hrs. You have to finish this campaign in order to unlock all coop match making modes. Can just roll through it on "Easy" mode. You can public campaign so randoms join your journey but rarely someone pops into your game.- Campaign has NO enemy scaling. So you won't get walled and can just go back to whack more mobs.
- You are SWIMMING in loot. Every 2 mins more loot. Changing inventory, selling and re-equip more gear more times I change my socks and underwear.
- What is annoying is that after completing story mode you have to hunt down the locations to unlock these modes beblow:
- Coop match making - 3x Circle of Slaughter locations - https://www.powerpyx.com/borderlands-3-all-circles-of-slaughter-locations/
- Coop match making - 6x Proving ground locations - https://www.gosunoob.com/borderlands-3/proving-grounds-locations-how-to-enter/
- Then they become menu available for coop matchmaking directly.
- You can loot trade with other players. They tend to use their official forum for "Looking for" requests.
- Gear can only be equipped by level requirement

- WARNING. Even on easy mode a boss battle takes over 30-40 mins! Not because it is difficult. They put insane HP and you have to reload over around 150 times I am NOT kidding. One time I spent 1hr on one boss without dying and reload 200 times at least. You can cheese battles by keeping one mob alive, if you are knocked then killing on mob in downed state recovers you lol.

- WARNING. Currently match making coop does not fill a squad. Most of time with just 1 player. This is on PS, so unsure of other platforms like PC/Xbox. But research CAREFULLY on this.

Season Pass 1
- You can just skip this as no additional content for coop match making at all
- Just 4x DLC campaigns which are 6-8hrs each
- Enemies will scale according to your level. So if you do DLC first before base game campaign. Then base game campaign is ruined by being too easy.

Season Pass 2
- NO DLC campaigns at all
- Just adding extra game mode where you start with no loot and quickly hunt for gear and face a boss with coop match making up to 4 players
- Unlocks 4th skill tree for your character. So technically a pay to win addon.

Ultimate Edition - Base Game + Season Pass 1 + Season Pass 2. Expensive.

Just warning that recently I noticed coop match making isn't filling whole squad anymore. Frown Maybe just a PS problem but please research carefully for your platform i.e. Steam for PC and Xbox forum. But PS Europe definitely a problem.

Phew now please don't ask me about Destiny 2. I might need to write a book about that!

Message 10 of 19 (3,336 Views)