Re: I hope hit registration won't be a problem in 2042

by GENERALZOOL

Original Post

I hope hit registration won't be a problem in 2042

★★★★ Pro

Because it really wasn't fun hitting a low flying helicopter in BF4 with a direct hit from a tank shell with it doing zero damage just making a poof of black smoke.

Random side note: And I HOPE my tank doesn't get stuck on top of objects that it shouldn't like random rocks, stumps, or poles like in BF4/BFV.

Message 1 of 21 (1,297 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@TankerFlanker 

I do wonder what the tickrate will be.

Message 2 of 21 (1,269 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm guessing 30hz

Message 3 of 21 (1,244 Views)

★★ Expert
@TankerFlanker Getting stuck on objects, is something you need to avoid as a driver. I remember a cold night where we tried to get another tank off of a big rock, because that rock pushed the escape hatch in the bottom of the hull into the hull.
In the end, we had to wait for an armored recovery vehicle to do the heavy lifting.
Message 4 of 21 (1,238 Views)

★★ Expert
@Popa2caps I hope 60Hz minimum, depending on how much the network code was improved.
Message 5 of 21 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They had pretty good success with introducing various tickrate servers with BF4, I do not see why they would support inferior tickrates when they have good evidence they can support more / better.  Hit reg will always be a thing, but I also hope it can further mitigated with this latest Battlefield.

Message 6 of 21 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kregora When I say rocks I mean pretty much pebbles, in BF4 and BFV your tank or vehicle can get stuck on top of a stump from a tree you just made fall down, and don't get me started on BFV when my treads or tires are touching the top of the trench and refuses to rotate or move at all when trying to change direction to get unstuck.
Message 7 of 21 (1,186 Views)

★ Expert

I think hit-reg was working ok in BFV.

But BF-games has some problems with showing movement/animations in 'real-time'. Like a reloading soldier one-shotting you or players vaulting objects and then one-shotting you when they land. For me it seems like the game-play is not rendered correctly in a lot situations (and no doubt, for the player killing you everything is working fine). I also think this is a part of the TTK-problem that BFV has (older titles have this problem as well).

Message 8 of 21 (1,165 Views)

★ Pro
@TankerFlanker
I actually have Videos of this happening on my PS4... By the way, I have a Gigabit Internet Connection, so why does it still happen.
Message 9 of 21 (1,115 Views)

★ Pro
@cso7777
Do you still get Sliders in Battlefield V?
I've not played it even though I own it on multiple systems.
Message 10 of 21 (1,117 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help