I have tested among Warzone, Fortnite and Apex, Apex got trash servers

by WreckingVi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have tested among Warzone, Fortnite and Apex, Apex got trash servers

★★★ Pro

From middle-east, Warzone: 90-95 with almost zero PL (my PC can't handle it, very low fps but stayed in games to check servers) also asked friends living close to me. Same results.

Fortnite: 50-60, no PL at all. Apex: On Bahrain servers, 50-130 with lots of PL even if population is very low compare to the other 2 games. EU server are all trash, PL almost every day, ping 120 to 500 MS ping. Conclusion is simple EA your servers are trash and you are awful at publishing Apex.

Message 1 of 37 (1,088 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I have tested among Warzone, Fortnite and Apex, Apex got trash servers

★★★★★ Expert

It's def the servers on my end. I've played in other countries where I have 200+ ping & a few months ago there were no issues. Past few days I can play on a server with 60ish ping & I'm getting little glitches here & there messinng up my shots. If I try playing in another country now it's even worse. I'm almost curious how it would run if I was wired. But I have a feeling I'd still have issues.

View in thread

Message 13 of 37 (1,069 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert
@WreckingVi Ping and packet loss reflect you connection to the server, which seems very bad. I'd check with the internet service provider for the routing. 120 to 500ms sounds like some pretty unstable hops.

This is mostly a network infrastructure problem related to your area. Apex does need a larger stable bandwidth compared to Fortnite and even Warzone, because it uses more complex mechanics, which require larger data updates.
Message 2 of 37 (1,074 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@WreckingVi Warzone runs so laggy, both network-wise and performance-wise. Always some sort of packet loss and frequently getting kicked from server. Not to mention the game is trash.

Apex runs way smoother. It's like butter. Standard smile
Message 3 of 37 (1,061 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@WreckingVi Not to mention they allow people who have over 100 ping to play on a server region they live no where near. Teleporting all over the place
Message 4 of 37 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BaldWraithSimp If warzone is so trash why’s it amongs top 10 Esports competitive game? While Apex cant even make Top 20
Message 5 of 37 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BlinkxzAi It's trash for me. Made for campers through and through, and weapon blueprints hidden behind paywall plus you don't even have access to all the guns. You have trash loadout while someone else is running around with their fancy guns lol. And that game doesn't even have ranked mode. Competitive? What a joke lmao

And yeah I play on 100ms plus. There is no teleporting on 100-150ms, get your facts straight buddy and then we can argue.
Message 6 of 37 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Actually, teleporting can happen even at lower ping, seen it with my own eyes. Stuttering and teleporting are not caused solely by lag, actually you can have a smooth experience even with a 200ms + delay, if that is relatively constant. Problems start showing when there is a lot of instability on the network (bufferbloats, route flapping, malfunctioning routers, damaged cables, etc.). Also, there are rare situations when servers or clients fail to process some updates in time because of interfering processes, malfunctioning hardware, attacks, etc.. These happen everywhere, it's just that in games they are much more visible.
Message 7 of 37 (1,028 Views)

Champion
@WreckingVi I play apex everyday. I rarely have connection issues. I even played on SA servers the other day with 165 ping and had no issues.

I play Warzone once a week for a few hours with friends. I have one who is in SA and he gets kicked multiple times a session. Then I had this brilliant game- https://youtu.be/Rah6u5CuXZ8

Note that what happened in that video has happened to me multiple times. Then you throw in what Dreamstare said about guns being hidden behind a paywall and it is a joke people think that game is good for competitive. The only reasons it is more popular is because it has the cod name attached and because you can hide and kill entire teams because the TTK is so low. The skill floor is quite low in this respect.
Message 8 of 37 (1,027 Views)

Champion
@DoYaSeeMe Yeah I've seen teleporting on low ping. I get speed up stuff occasionally if I see packet loss. I assume in those matches I'm teleporting.
Message 9 of 37 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@hayhor Apex skill gap has been significantly decreased on apex its wayyy easier to win a game on apex than on war zone.

only thing i like on apex is its movement besides that it has nothing on warzone

Console version of Apex is literally soft aimbot 60% aim assist?

And its not because of the cod franchise name it’s simply because everyone is on the same playing field, same gear , can choose your own load out, a dev team who listens to their community.

Im done arguing

Google the facts on which game is competitive more.

Heck apex devs don’t even come here so whats the point of a forum for their game??
Message 10 of 37 (1,017 Views)