...of women with prosthetic arms.

(Since I saw the BF V trailer)

:eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 6 (783 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I have nightmares...

Hero (Retired)

Oh come on @Cycocore!

I would rather worry about gameplay mechanics not just cosmetic ones.

If you played BF V closed alpha, remember to leave your feedback on the official forum. Wink 

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,089 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Oh come on @Cycocore!

I would rather worry about gameplay mechanics not just cosmetic ones.

If you played BF V closed alpha, remember to leave your feedback on the official forum. Wink 

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 6 (1,090 Views)

Lol @Cycocore it's not that bad. Standard smile

Some people might like it and some don't.

But keep in mind, it won't influence your gameplay if you play a women. Or even if you have an prosthetic arm in the game.

This are just customization options, so you won't need to play with a prosthetic arm! Wink

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 6 (745 Views)

@Cycocore you can find information about prosthetics in WW2 on the interwebz. Alot of people had their limbs replaced after sustaining injuries in battle. Also, some officers and troops choose to get back in fight, even wearing a prosthetic arm. Others will continue to serve in logistics. 

You could see some really interesting things developed in middle-ages, prosthetics that would look more advanced than the times when they were created. The prosthetic limb from the trailer was developed by Northrop during WW2 for the soldiers that lost their arms during fights. 

We should never forget that war isn't nice, that people die, get hurt, lose members and so on. 

As for being or not being used in the character customization, well that is the player's choice. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello @ivrognard,

at least for the european Axis Forces this is not true.

I still have contemporary witnesses in my family.

Any soldier that was lucky enough to survive such a severe injury was sent home.

Only then prosthetics were used in order to support them in civil life.

The point I was trying to make:

Me and of my friends who are BF veterans, don't like the BF V character design.

Despite of historical accuracy, who cares about a bandana, facepaint or a colored dragon on a jacket?

-> 12 year olds who think this will make their character look fiercer.

It ist just a new channel for EA to earn $$$ with in-game purchases.

best regards.

Message 5 of 6 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Cycocore To be fair, in the heat of a battle in BF1 (or any other game) I never pay attention of the look of soldiers, and even if I find a female solider, it doesn't affect gameplay at all, and while I won't use prosthetics or face paint and such, I will use female soldiers, I always thought female soldiers are cool, I also play with the female voice over in BF1, I don't care if female soldiers are rare in the actual WW2, LMGs in WW1 was super rare, still my fav class is Support

Message 6 of 6 (636 Views)