Re: I have been suspended or banned when i linked steam?

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have been suspended or banned when i linked steam?

★★★ Newbie

I just today linked my origin Apex account to steam, and have now been banned, and i have no clue why or when.
last time i played the game was around a year or so ago, and to the best of my knowledge i have not cheated abused or hacked the game in any way.
i might have been hacked but thats the only reason i can think of as to why i have been banned.

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @Copper-Meretrix

When you have the chance please reach out to the Terms of Service team so they can review your account. They will need to determine if the ban can be overturned. I'm afraid that isn't something we can help with here on Answers HQ. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. The TOS team will follow up with you over email as soon as they can. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (222 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Copper-Meretrix

When you have the chance please reach out to the Terms of Service team so they can review your account. They will need to determine if the ban can be overturned. I'm afraid that isn't something we can help with here on Answers HQ. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. The TOS team will follow up with you over email as soon as they can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that was the first thing i did, just put out a comunity post as well to see if it might be resolved faster if it is a bug, since someone else might have had the same thing happen to them Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (219 Views)

Community Manager

@Copper-Meretrix 

Gotcha. I haven't seen any bugs related to this, but unfortunately I don't really have any visibility into account bans so I don't have a way of seeing what exactly may have triggered it. If it is a false positive the TOS team should be able to take care of it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)